Chapter Three: A Date with Travis and a "Date" with Scott

Hey! I can't even wait to upload more. So here is chapter three!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Mitch ran into Starbucks, barely making it on time. Once he wasn’t gasping for air, he found Travis sitting at a table with an iced coffee waiting on the other side. Mitch approached the table for two.

            “Sorry I’m late,” Mitch apologized.

            “You’re fine,” Travis said, offering the empty seat across to the brunette.

            Mitch took a seat and sipped on the awaiting drink. He knows me so well, Mitch thought while he took another sip. They stared at each other for a long time with nothing to say, nervousness bubbling inside them both. Finally Travis broke the ice.

            “So what made you forget our date?” He asked Mitch.

            “Um… Forget? What makes you think I… uh.” Mitch couldn’t think of any excuses. Travis raised an eyebrow at him.

            “Okay. I was watching my favorite musical with Scott and got caught up in it and I’m so sorry.”

            “It’s cool.” Travis said with a fake smile. On the inside however, he was exploding with newly found hatred for Scott. He didn’t want Mitch to know so he put on his toothy smile and drove Mitch home, holding his hand tightly.

         Once they reached the apartment building, Mitch was too deep in thought to notice.

            “Mitch, we’re here.” He heard a voice say.

            “Huh?” Mitch looked to the left to see Travis gazing at him, confused.

            “You were sitting there in some kind of daydream. I have been trying to catch your attention for five minutes now.” Travis chuckled lightly. Mitch blushed as Travis jumped out of the car and opened the opposing door for him. He got out and curtsied to Travis and they walked up to his apartment door together.

            “I had a really fun time today.” Travis said as they reached Mitch’s door.

            “Me too.” Mitch said blushing harder than before.

    “Do you want to do it again sometime?” Travis asked, now blushing himself.

            “How about you come to rehearsal tomorrow night? It starts at 6pm and ends at 8pm.”

            “Sure! Sounds fun! I can’t wait to meet the rest of your gang.”

            “Well I’ll see you tomorrow.” Mitch blew Travis a kiss and stepped inside his apartment melting as he let himself slide to the ground leaning against the door. Scott was in the kitchen baking cookies. Mitch saw the blonde mixing the cookie batter and decided he was to scare Scott. He crawled behind the small wall that held up the counter Scott was occupying. Then all of a sudden, he jumped up. “BOO!” He screamed at Scott.

            Scott screeched and threw his wooden mixing spoon at Mitch hitting him square in the face.

            “Oww!” Mitch laughed.

            “Well that’s what you get when you scare me Mitch!” Scott said in the bravest voice he could pull off.

            Scott retrieved a clean mixing spoon from a kitchen drawer. Mitch grabbed a paper towel and started to wipe the cookie dough off of his nose. He looked back at Scott with a smile.

            “Need any help?” Mitch asked looking over Scott’s shoulders, on the tips of his toes.

            “Sure,” Scott replied; still focused on his cookie dough, “could you go and get a pan and put a cookie sheet on it?”

            Mitch pried out a pan and did as Scott asked and returned to him.

            “What now?” Mitch asked, scooting as close to Scott as possible without touching him. All Mitch was thinking of was how it would feel to just kiss the blonde. All he could feel was Scott picking him up by the waist; still kissing, wrapping his legs around Scott’s waist, and holding his neck tightly enough so he wouldn’t even think of setting Mitch down. Mitch thought of just grabbing Scott by the collar and slamming their lips together, but was dragged out of his day dream by a shaky feeling. Scott was shaking him violently by the shoulders.

            “Hello? Earth to Mitch! I asked you to preheat the oven and you just stood their staring at me as if I told you Travis loved you!”

            “What!?” Mitch only heard the word love.

            “Will go and preheat the oven?” Scott repeated. “It looked like you were staring at me.”

            “Oh. Sorry” Mitch apologized as he walked over to the oven. “I was just day dreaming.”

            “About what?” Scott asked, turning to face Mitch.

            “I was um…” Mitch panicked and without thinking; he grabbed Scott by the waist and pulled him into a hug. “I was just thinking of how lucky I am to have you as a friend.”

            Scott pulled him closer. Mitch looked up at Scott’s diamond blue eyes. “I’m lucky to have you as a friend too.” Scott said with a sweet, white, smile. They held their embrace for what seemed an eternity.

            Once they let go, Scott put the cookies in the oven and set the timer. He then proceeded to the living room to watch his favorite cartoon; Family Guy.

            The day went on normally until Mitch fell asleep at 12am.