Chapter 1

Please Let me know what You think by commenting, and tell me how i'm doing! Let me know if You think i should continue! Thank you :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1

       Annabelle Rose walked into the candle-lit hallway. Her feet were bare and felt cool against the stone floor. The walls and ceiling, which stretched high above her, were made of stone as well. The long corridor seemed to go on forever and paintings of important people were hung on the sides of the wall.

      She slowly walked down the corridor in a white cloth nightgown she never knew she had. There, at the end of the long hallway was a wooden door that slowly creaked open, with a slight breeze and leaves coming out of it. A shiver ran up her spine as a voice came from behind the door, but she could barely make out what they or IT was saying.

       Suddenly, she heard a boom from above, and her head shot up. There was something on the roof from where she was. She didn't know who or what, it was, but all she knew was that it was not good.

       Then she felt the urge to run. To get to that door, that voice, that person. And she had to get to it before the thing above her did.

       More booming sounds were herd, almost like bombs going off right above her head. She tried to make herself get to the door faster, now panicking, but the more she ran the further the door seemed to go. Sweat started running down her back and forehead. Her hands were all clammy. She felt the wind knock out of her from some invisible source, felt herself fall to the stone floor with a bang.

       The voice grew louder, now screaming what she knew was her name.

       "Annabelle!" it shouted.

       But all Annabelle could do was gasp for air and struggle to recover. Her vision was failing, and the booming was getting louder.

She curled over and pressed her hands to her ears.

       All of a sudden the booming broke through the roof, with pieces and chunks of stone collapsing around her.

       She screamed. She screamed so loud she thought there was nothing in the world that wouldn't be able to hear her now. She had to get out, she had to go, to escape. She didn't belong here...

~*~*~*~

       "Annabelle!"

       Annabelle slowly looked up, and removed her hands from her ears.

       She was in her bedroom, the light blue covers sprawled out over her and wet from her sweat. Her Chocolate Lab, Tucker, stared at her with big green eyes, worried with confusion.

       Annabelle's eyes slowly came into focus, and she saw her mother looking at her with the same expression. She was hunched over her on the bed, and Annabelle noticed how her hand was on her shoulder, shaking her awake from the horrible dream.

       "Annabelle dear, are you ok?" asked her mother.

       "I had that dream again," she said, "Or, nightmare, I guess. The one with the long hallway, and I can't reach that voice. Something that always stops me, but I don't know what..."

       Her mother shook her head in worry, "Again?"

       Annabelle just nodded while she stared at a patch of sunlight, streaming in through her window on the hardwood floor.

       Ever since she turned fourteen, around the time her father died in a fatal car accident, she started having certain nightmares that were consistent and felt almost real. It wasn't much at first, but slowly the days she had nightmares increased.