Chapter 2

Chapter 2

       Annabelle closed the door behind her, letting bits of snow and ice fall from the window, and then took in the world around her. Something felt odd. There was something off about today, but she didn't know what. At least, not yet.

       She then noticed her hands were freezing and her breath was coming out in puffs of clouds. She rapped the ends of her sleeves around her fists and buried her face in her coat and scarf.

       She slowly walked down her icy front steps, for she didn't want to fall and slip before school started. The sidewalk was yet to be shoveled, so she cut across the lawn to her car, a silver sports car, with the snow lightly crunching under her feet, getting her boots even still covered in snow. Happy November to me, she thought.

       She opened the door and slipped in, throwing her bag on the passenger seat. She then took a deep breath, for this was yet another day at Rosewood High School, home of the Rosewood Ravens, that'd she have to deal with. Yet another thing her family didn't know was that schools been pretty rough lately. It all started after her dad died, when the bad dreams and visions started happening not just at home, but in school, too.

       It was during Social Studies, period 1, about a year ago on a Monday morning. She was part of the "popular" clique, and had been out partying the night before at Kate Livingston's Sweet Sixteen Birthday Bash. She was so exhausted from dancing all night that she dozed off in the middle of history class. 

       Suddenly, she was brought to the world of fear and mystery and death in her nightmares. She screamed in her dream, and of course woke up in the middle of class, fallen off the desk screaming "No!" The whole class was staring at her and the teacher was hunched over her shoulder shaking her awake.

       Word spread quickly of the "freak" that had an episode in class. Her clique was on edge with being with her as well.

       Soon she had another vision, and another, and another. Brief episodes in the middle of class that became the "norm" for what people talked about Annabelle Rose. By then Kate Livingston, the head of the popular group had completely kicked her out of the clique. That was the last time Rosewood High had ever seen or referred to Anna as "popular".

       But it was ok, because Annabelle realized they never really were her friends, she just had made them look good. The only real friends she still had were her two best friends since elementary, Brooke Leslie and Adam Skye. They still accepted her, even when everyone else didn't. They understood her, and Anna wouldn't trade them for her old life back for the world.

       Anyways, so since then school has been a struggle each and every day. The name calling, the stuff being thrown at her, and of course, people laughing whenever she's had a vision.

        But she has to go, has to go to school. She had to face her fears, for her family, her friends, and her father's honor...

       So, after a moment's pause, Annabelle put her key into the ignition of her car, and drove down the icy street to pick up her Brooke and Adam for school.

       She first arrived at Brooke's house, a nice little blue ranch with a big window that could see out towards Luna Lake and the Black Forest. She could see Brooke waving from the window meaning shed be down in a sec.

       Brooke was tall with long, blonde hair. She was a girl who could make sports seem girly. She was strong and confident, and was always available for gossip. As much as a flirt she can be, she knows when to be there for you and knows when it's party time and serious time. She was a true best friend to Annabelle.