Redraws and asking for permission

This is the original drawing, it does not belong to me, it belongs to PrimeStudio I have been given permission

I have been given permission.
Go check out their books. I promise you will enjoy them.

Redraw

Redraw. What a wonderful word.
A lot of the time while I am looking at other artists and their incredible art I normally end up deciding to pull one or two drawings from the internet and redraw them.
This means modifying and rejuvenating a drawing that does not belong to you (unless you are redrawing one of your own drawings) while still keeping the general concept and hidden message of the piece intact.

Inspiration:
Well, I am friends with Primus_Chose
She is the one who requested the drawing in the first place. We had previously been discussing what her Cybertronian form would look like and my idea of her design was fresh in my processor.
When she tagged me in her comment on this drawing, it gave me inspiration.

What did you change about the drawing? It was already so well done!

When you compare certain elements other than the most visible difference of one being digitalized and one being traditionally drawn on paper, you can see that I did indeed change up the design.

I am going to list all the intentional changes and you are welcome to comment which one's you did not notice.

•Colour choice was changed slightly to balance each other
•Predaking is not caressing Sapphirus' faceplates with his servo
•They look slightly tense
•Sapphirus looks older and tired
•Sapphirus now has exposed neck cables
•Predaking's plating looks more weathered and defined
•There is a blurred out background
•Sapphirus' size is to scale with Predaking
•Sapphirus has dark pink dermas
•Predaking's shading is different than Sapphirus'
•Yellow bits of Sapphirus' helm are shaped differently to accommodate for her frame
•Shapes are drawn out to appear three-dimensional

Asking for permission:
While redrawing other artist's incredible pieces, you need to be aware of the effort they put into their drawings.
I know that there are a select few who have stolen and claimed my art as their own. It is not taken light-heartedly. At all.
When I decide to use bases or redraw other's art, I always ask for permission.

Why?

Other than having laws for copyright and plagiarism, I know that many artists like to know when another artist is interested in using their work to inspire others (or become competitive and want to try and outdo the redraw).

I won't go too much into detail about my experiences with copyright issues.

You are welcome to share your experiences.

I hope this drawing helps send a message to you. If you plan on using someone else's work, altered or not, always ask for permission.

Enough from us.
Enjoy the rest of your time in this life.

_________________________
________________
_________
___
_