Eyes of the Ocean

Vodka was the only way to prepare for the game plan she has in her head. Diamond Nocturne strolls down the street. Her striking red sunglasses sitting on the end of her nose and her burnt orange hair in short ponytails. Her Mary-Jane kitten heels clip on the stone stairs leading up to the building towering over her.

She uses her back to push through the doors to her destination. Her lip wedged between her teeth as she peers down at the receptionist. The younger woman stares up through her rounded glasses, warmth to her smile. She ceases to flick through her notes.

"Miss Nocturne... Mr Randa and Mr Brooks have just gone through, by the sound of things... I don't think it's going well for you guys." The receptionist shies away as she delivers the latter news.

"I'm depending on it." Diamond speaks with pure innocence before sharing a devil's smile with the woman. Diamond walks into the office, her change of expression effortless as her grin turns to a pout.

"I'm sorry I'm late... have we got the money?" Diamond's tone speaks simplicity, passing her off as a naïve schoolgirl. Her bluntness silencing the three men in the room as she looks between them.

The Senator notes her short black skirt, failing to cover half of her bum. He smirked at her sheer white shirt, teasing the presence of what hid under it.

Bill shakes his head, pissed off with Senator for more than monetary reasons.

"But... B-B-Bill." The crocodile tears fall over Diamond's plump cheeks as she covers her face.

"Please... don't cry... Miss." The Senator hesitates, waiting for her name.

"Diamond..." She sniffles, looking up at the older man. She knew he was imagining her as a sleazy stripper that had once entertained him up in his condo.

"Diamond, why are you so upset? Why does this mean so much to you?" He moves over to her, his hand sliding up her arm as he used any excuse to feel his skin against hers.

"It's just... this means so much to these fellas... and I told em... I told em you were a great guy... a hero... my hero. That's why they keep trying with you." She bats her eyelashes, blubbering over her words. All the Senator concentrates on is the gloss to her lips, making them teasing and kissable.

"Hero?" He questions, waiting with the intent for her answer.

"Yeah, a smart, strong, handsome hero. My hero... I fantasize about it all the time. You save the world from some big bad beastie by sending Monarch out to Skull Island and then... well." She stares down at her feet. The red on her cheeks only obvious to the Senator after these words. In reality, she had applied the thick layers of blush hours prior.

"Well, what? It's clear this is causing you some distress, but I can't fix it if you don't tell me." He pouts, his thumb rubbing over her cheek, if he had looked at it, he would have seen that his thumb was now red too.

"Okay... but only if we can have some privacy." She looks at the boys who put their hands up in surrender, they move from the room without hesitancy.

"Well... I think you know Senator... you take me into your big... strong... biceps." She runs her hands up his arms, her grip light as she squeezes them. "And..." Diamond giggles like a five-year-old, something she'd roll her eyes at herself for doing.

"Yes?" The Senator asks, repositioning on the edge of his desk.

"You undo my top for me, so you can appreciate your trophy for being a hero with your full attention." She pulls at her shirt, the first few buttons popping open revealing her cleavage.

"You're my trophy?" She nods in response.

"And of course, we'd kiss... I can't tell you any more than that though. I've always hoped that it could... come true... so you could finish it off for me." She stares up from under her brow, the expression having the effect resembling a puppies eyes.

"Oh no, it's not the same now." She starts crying again. "You're not my hero, you're not even trying to be my hero." She sucks in a shaky breath, 'struggling' to do up her buttons again.

"You can have the money and I'll get you a squadron to escort you there." He speaks in a hurry shocking himself as he pulls her hand away from her shirt.

"You're the best Senator, I love you! I mean I love you, my hero!" Her kiss on his cheek is rough. She skips across the room, stopping at the door to ensure he got a good view. "I better being going Sir, sooner I'm gone, sooner we can... well you know." The way she bites her lip obnoxious but effective.

With the door closed behind her, she relaxes. Her shoulder dropping as she gags the few times she couldn't whilst she was in there. She presses her fingers to her temple, soothing herself. The boys look up at her with a curious expression.

"We've got the money?" Bill smirks.

"Of course we do." Diamond's smile is wide as she winks at Houston.

"You're good!" Houston confesses. "You've surprised me, I'll admit it." Brooks folds his arms, shaking his head as he continued to find her impressive.

"A thanks very much to you Mr Houston Brooks and may I say it's a pleasure to work with you after hearing so much about you." She plays on her dramatics, bowing.

"You had me worried, I thought you'd lost your touch girly but being away for all these years has only made you better." Bill chuckles making his way out into the hall.

"It was a couple of years at most." She ignores his compliment.

"five in Japan, 5 in France.' Bill drones. "Brookes has heard just as much about you as you have him. Including how you were going to come home every Christmas but somehow have only made it back as of this moment! Ten years of 'I'll be back this year'." Bill shook his head.

"Oh shush you old bat." She strutted out of the front doors. Diamond grooves through the group of protesters as she takes another sip out of her 'water' bottle.

"Will he be expecting you to come back after we return? You know, to...?" Brooks catches up to her, his smirk full of amusement.

"Oh, darling Brooks, I don't screw my puppets." She pinches his cheek before hailing a taxi for herself.

"You don't screw them but what would you say it would take, let's say, for you to date one of them?" He raises his eyebrow out of curiosity as she sits in the taxi.

"Ocean eyes, one of a kind." She winks, leaning against the window. It takes off into the streets, leaving Brooks with a wonderous expression.

Part one has officially been edited and hopefully improved...

Thank you so much for reading!

Have a good day/night!

¬Brei