Paranoid

I rushed up the stairs. I heard Frankie still calling after me, hoping to get my attention. "Kitten," he yelled. "Kitten!" I felt tears fall down my face as I reached the top of the stairs. I ran into our bedroom and locked the door. 

I darted to the closet, locking myself in there, too. The tears continued to run down my face while Frankie banged on the door, calling to please let him in. I blocked out the noise, though, letting all of the negative thoughts I was thinking wash over me. 

Did I really love Frankie?

Were we really soulmates?

 Was it meant to be?

I thought back to when we were matched, and how Frankie claimed that it was wrong. I thought back to the beginning of our relationship when we didn't get along. I thought back to when things finally started getting better, but something always seemed off. There was always something. Whether it was his work or that I was too innocent to do the things that he wanted to do, there was always something dividing us. 

The banging on the bedroom door eventually stopped and I heard feet pad down the stairs. I didn't really care to listen to him walking away much longer, and instead turned back to my thoughts. I simply couldn't shake the feeling that something wrong. Was I just paranoid?

Eventually, I felt myself nodding off. 

|/-+-------------------+-\|

When I finally came to again, I first realized the terrible cramping in my legs. I was still sitting in the closet, not moved from my prior position. 

I couldn't tell how long I had been asleep. 

Slowly, I stood up and opened the door. My clothes were wrinkled and my body was cramped. I wiped my swollen eyes and opened the closet door. I peered out of the bedroom window and realized that it was dusk; I must have been asleep for a few hours. I made my way over to the bedroom door, still groggy from my slumber. Quietly, I opened the door and slowly walked down the hallway and climbed the stairs. 

I saw Frankie, asleep on the living room couch. I felt a pang of guilt; he probably didn't want to disturb me in the bedroom, unaware that I was actually in the closet. I sighed and sat next to him. He moved, and for a second I thought that I had awoken him. Instead, though, he moved his body so that he could drape his arm across my shoulders. I sighed again, feeling even more guilty. How could I have ever doubted our relationship? Frankie was so kind, loving, affectionate, and compassionate. It was wrong of me to ever think that our relationship was a mistake and I decided that I would apologize to him in the morning, or whenever he woke up. 

In the meantime, I cuddled up next to him, allowing him to move once again to pull me closer. A smile appeared on my face as he nuzzled into my side. It felt odd to me, for I was the Little in this relationship yet he was cuddling up to me. I chuckled. 

"Everything is going to be okay," I thought to myself.

Was I thinking this as a fact, though, or was I trying to convince myself that it was true?

W.C: 560 Words