Chapter 4

"Hey Wannie, you are right on time. Dinner is ready!" Seulgi stepped aside to let Wendy in.

Irene cocked an eyebrow at the brunette, folding her arms across her chest "Are you going to welcome our guests too now? Whose house is this, yours or mine?"

The monlid woman turned around to face the dark haired girl. "Taegoo, told me to make myself at home when I got in, so that's what I'm doing." The monolid brunette winked with a smile.

Irene rolled her eyes and forced a smile on her face. "Welcome Wendy, it's this way." She gestured to the dining room, leading the friends to the dinner table.

Seulgi helped Taeyeon putting the final things on the table and joined the rest as she took a seat in between Wendy and Lily. She couldn't help but notice the sad look on the little girl's face who was watching her grandmother squeeze Taehyung's cheeks, showering him with love. Seulgi knew exactly what was going on. She could feel the pain the little girl was feeling as she decided to give her the love the girl longed from the old woman. The brunette gave all her attention to Lily, wanting to make her feel special. It caught Irene's eye as well, seeing the other woman and her sister sword fighting with their spoons. She smiled inwardly, but a few words close to something like childish and boyish left her lips.

Nobody talked much during the rest of the dinner, so Seulgi decided to loosen them up a bit. "I'm going to tell you guys a funny story!" she began, drawing everyone's attention. "A few years back on Thanksgiving, when Wendy and I were around 16, I was invited for dinner at her place."Wendy knew exactly what her best friend was about to tell and covered her face in embarrassment. "Knowing how gullible Wendy was, her mom decided to play a trick. She told her that she needed something from the store. When she left, her mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed
the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird, well, birds back in the oven." She paused to smirk at Wendy before she continued.

"When it was time for dinner later, her mom asked her to pull the turkey out of the oven and remove the stuffing. So Wendy did what her mother asked her. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird. You guys should've seen that look of total shock on his face. Her mother was like; 'Wendy, you've cooked a pregnant bird!'. And at the reality of this horrifying news, she started to cry. It took us two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!"

Seulgi managed to make everyone laugh except Irene again. The woman only shook her head and went outside. The brunette got up and went after her.

"You know, normal people would at least smile at a story like that."Seulgi commented, still laughing.

It was getting dark outside. The lightly breezy air made the redhead fold her arms.

"Are you trying to say that I'm not normal?" the woman scowled, with her eyes still locked at the sky filled with stars..

"If you are normal, then I'm.. um.. the Statue of Liberty." Irene turned around this time, facing the other woman as she cocked an eyebrow. Seulgi raised her hand to imitate the statue, trying to hold her laugh.

"Well according to me, you're the one who's not normal." The girl exclaimed. "Since this morning, you have been behaving like you've known us for years, not knowing what boundaries are."

"Not years, darling. For eons!" Seulgi remarked. "In fact, I feel like we've met in several past lifetimes." The brunette threw an arm around the other woman's shoulders but it was pushed away immediately by the older girl.

Irene raised a finger. "Listen.. You are our new neighbour, so please behave like one!" she yelled.

"Okay." Seulgi said as she pressed a finger on the other girl's nose. "Ding dong. May I please borrow a cup of milk?"