Chapter 6

The next morning the sun came up and brightened Irene's room. She wasn't fully awake yet, but she could feel the presence of another person wrapped in her embrace. She could hear that person's heartbeat as her head rested on their chest. The girl was used to this feeling. It wasn't the first time that Jennie spent the night at her place. She smiled lightly to herself and was about to go back to sleep as she realized there was something different this time. The heartbeat she heard was faster than usual. The person she wrapped her arms around was tiny and smelled like fresh coconut and vanilla instead of flowers. She opened her eyes and jumped up when she saw Seulgi watching her.

"What are you doing here?!" She glared at the brunette.

Seulgi smiled as she pushed herself up with her elbows. "You and Jennie had gone berserk last night. We dropped Jennie off before we went home. She was alright, but you were a mess. I think you're not used to alcohol. Plus everyone else here was already asleep, so I decided to stay the night to take care of you." She explained. "Which is not really working, because I tried to get up to make you breakfast, but you were holding me too tight. I didn't want to wake you."

Irene felt embarrassed and glanced down at her hands. "I can take care of myself." She mumbled.

"Yeah, I'm sure you can." Seulgi grinned as she got out of bed. "Get dressed, I'll make you breakfast." She walked towards the door as Irene glanced down at her body to see that she was in her pyjamas, not remembering how. The brunette turned around. "Oh, and Taegoo auntie called to tell me she was heading to the restaurant, so we're visiting her after." She added before walking out.

The restaurant that Taeyeon owned wasn't doing well after her husband had passed away. Debts were increasing, and she couldn't get enough customers to pay them off. She couldn't handle the restaurant on her own, even though Irene lent her a hand every now and then. Eunmi always refused to set foot in there, so she wasn't helping either.

After Irene got out of her pyjamas to put her dark blue jeans and red shirt on, she stood in front of the mirror looking at herself. What was this feeling? Why am I not mad that Beca is making me breakfast right now, after spending the whole night with me? Why am I smiling? Stop it, Irene. Don't do this. If you let her in now, you won't be able to stand back up when she leaves.

"Breakfast is ready!" Seulgi yelled from downstairs, making the girl snap out of her thoughts. Irene took a deep breath, hesitated for a second, but eventually walked out of her room.

When she got downstairs, she smiled inwardly at the sight of the cheerful brunette whistling the melody of Just The Way You Are while she put some pancakes on her plate. Seulgi looked up when she heard footsteps approaching her as a wide grin appeared on her face. She picked up the milk bottle and poured some into her cup as she began to speak. "So, you and Jennie had fun last night, going all crazy and stuff. You two seem really close." She took the second cup and poured some milk in there as well. "Do you want more?" she asked.

A shock took over Irene's face. She wasn't expecting a question like that. "What? No, Jennie is a wonderful person, but I'm happy with just friendship." She rushed out.

"I was talking about the milk." Seulgi chuckled. "Do you want more milk?"

"Oh." Irene glanced at the cup, turning red from embarrassment. "No that's enough, thank you." She walked over to the table in the kitchen and took a seat from across the brunette.

"Where is everyone?" Irene frowned at the silence in the house. It has never been this quiet. Usually, Eunmi would be praying or yelling at Taeyeon and Lily while Taehyung would be watching basketball on TV.

"The kids are playing outside, enjoying their Sunday morning." Seulgi smiled. "Eunmi is praying for the second time today, because I'm taking everyone to the restaurant, so she's coming too."