Chapter 9

Day 1

Seulgi and Jennie were sitting in a restaurant right across the bull statue. They were watching the oblivious redhead standing near it, looking very impatient and checking her watch every few minutes.

"Irene waits for me there by 6pm every day." Jennie remarked, smiling at the thought. "Then, we walk to class together."

"Aw, that's so sweet." Seulgi said sarcastically. "Unfortunately, you won't go with her today." she added with a serious look in her eyes as her face moved closer to the blonde.

Jennie's smile fell and confusion took over her face. "What? Why?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Because I said so." Seulgi simply responded.

The blonde sighed impatiently. "Is your plan to bring us together, or throw us apart?"

Seulgi raised an eyebrow and smirked confidently as she looked into the blonde's eyes. "I have this theory about girls. The more you run after them, the more they run away from you." she explained. "But if you run away from them, they'd run after you to find out the reason for the sudden change. They will experience a certain kind of confusion caused by the unexpected shift." she paused and took a deep breath before speaking again. "We have to take advantage of such confusion of the confused girl." she nodded to herself with a smug grin, satisfied with what she just said.

Jennie frowned, "Even I'm confused."

The brunette lightly chuckled. "It's basically playing Hot and Cold. Just trust the expert and do whatever I tell you."

She picked up her bag from the chair beside them and took out a small earpiece and a microphone. "Put this one in your ear, and hide the microphone somewhere in your bra or something."

Jennie glowered at the small devices on her hand. She picked up the tiny earpiece and examined it carefully then stared at Seulgi in confusion. The brunette chuckled and continued, "These devices are wirelessly connected to my phone, haven't you seen these in action movies? Secret agents wear them so that they can be given commands by their superiors while doing a secret mission. And we're basically doing just that. I'll give you commands that you would hear over the earpiece and you can speak to me using the hidden microphone without anyone noticing, it's a secret mission after all. Got it?"

Jennie nodded as she put the earpiece into her right ear and attached the microphone to her bra strap. "Okay boss, we're on!"

"I've reached the school campus." Jennie whispered to her shoulder as she looked around making sure no one noticed it.

"Good. Now relax and walk into your classroom." Seulgi replied.

Jennie entered the classroom and looked around to find Irene. A smile appeared on her face when she found the redhead sitting on their usual spot, tapping a pen on her textbook with furrowed eyebrows while scanning over the pages of her book.

"I'm inside the classroom and I see Irene."

"Go and sit next to her. But don't speak to her."

Jennie nodded as if Seulgi could see her as she made her way towards the older girl and took the seat right next to her. The blonde tried her hardest to keep a straight face and pretended to busy herself with the pen she was tossing and turning between her fingers.

Irene looked up from her textbook as soon as she saw a familiar figure moving from the corner of her eye. She closed her book and faced Jennie hastily. "Where were you? I was waiting for you by the bull statue for like half an hour!" she snapped and waited for an explanation. The blonde acted like she heard nothing so she remained silent.