A visitor from another planet

"Barton, Zia, report", Fury says through the walkie talkie. Me and my adoptive father, Clint rippel our way down to meet Fury. "I gave you this detail so you two can keep a close eye on things", Fury says to me and Clint.

"I see better from a distance", Clint says.

"What's your excuse", Fury asks me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess I have the same excuse as Clint".

While Clint and Fury talked, I had a look around the place until the Tesseract started to act up. "Selvig, is it supposed to do that?" I asked. I could tell by the awkward silence that the answer is no. I stood next to Clint and Fury. A figure appeared out of the portal.

A bunch of S.H.E.I.L.D agents with guns walked towards the kneeled figure. The figure stands up with a sinister smirk on his face. Raven hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. His smirk turns into a glare when he sees the agents with guns.

"Sir, please put down the spear", Fury demanded. That looked more like a scepter. The man with raven hair looked at his scepter, then blue energy shoots out of it. Agents shoot at the man with the scepter, but the bullet bounce off of him as he stabs people with his scepter or shoots at them with it.

Me, Fury and Clint were spread across the room. I grabbed a gun as I saw the Raven haired man make his way toward Clint. Clint was going to shoot, but the man from a different planet grabbed his arm and twisted it. "You have heart", he says. The point of the scepter is raised to Clint's chest.

"No", I said, my voice slightly in a whisper.

The man with the scepter turned around to face me. He walked closer to me as I tried to grab broke glass to defend myself. I don't know. It was the best I could think of.

I held the piece of glass as if it were a dagger. "Stay back", I said, trying to sound tough. The man with the scepter smirked. He came closer, but then he stopped.

"Please don't", he says. He turns around to face Fury, who has the Tesseract in a briefcase. "I still need that".

"This doesn't have to get any messier", Fury says. I slipped away from the man with the scepter and stood next to Fury.

"I am Loki of Asgard and I'm burdened with glorious purpose", The man with the scepter, Loki says.

"Loki. Brother of Thor" Me and Selvig says in unison. I've read about the Norse gods, Thor and Loki, but I didn't think they were real until what happened in New Mexico last year. I  was never the one to believe in fairy tales especially if my story is the complete opposite of a fairy tale. Loki glares at the mention of his brother. I was so lost in thought that I didn't listen to what Fury and Loki were saying until Clint shoots Fury.

"Fury", I shouted. Clint points his gun at me. "Clint, it's me, Zee. Your adoptive daughter. Snap out of it. This isn't who you are", I demanded. Clint lowers his gun. At first, I thought he'd actually snapped out of it. Then, Clint shoots me in the leg and I fell to the ground. I shouted in pain. Loki, Clint, Dr Selvig and another S.H.I.E.L.D agent walks off with the briefcase that held the Tesseract.

"Let them go. Can't you see they have a life? They're not your servant", I said through pain.

Loki stopped. He looked at me. I felt fear as he came towards me. I looked at my leg. I tried to pull out the bullet.

Loki lifted my head up with his scepter. Even when he knelt to my height, I felt small compared to him.

"Don't pretend you're not afraid of me, child", Loki said. He reached into my wound and pulled out the bullet.

Loki stands up and walked away with the people he mind controlled. Including Clint. He threw the bullet he pulled from my leg to the ground.

I crawled over to Fury. "Are you alright, Uncle Nick? " I asked as he reached into his pocket for his walkie talkie.

"I'm alright, Zia", Fury says. "Hill. Do you copy?", Fury spoke into the walkie talkie. "Barton has turned". On the walkie, I heard gunshots and the sound of Agent Hill grunting.

Fury and I ran out of the lab. We both got into a helicopter. The helicopter took off as the ground below up crumpled. I looked down as the S.H.I.E.L.D Facility blew up.

Loki, the guy with the scepter shot us down with his scepter. Fury and I jumped out of the helicopter, landing on the cold, hard ground.

"Are you alright", Fury asks me. I nodded. Luckily, we were able to come in contact with Maria Hill and Phil Coulson. I was relieved that Loki didn't turn them or kill them.

I then, heard Fury say 4 words that made my day even worse. "We are at war".