Sam Wilson

The three of us got out of the opening after things began to settle down. Steve had to carry Natasha because she was unconscious.

She woke up when we were in the car. We drove over to a house. Steve knocks on the door. The door was opened by the guy who was with Steve at the Park. "Hey man", he said.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low", Steve explains.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us", I said.

"Not everyone", the guy says. He let the three of us inside.

_______________________________________

I took a shower. After my shower, I put on a dark green tank top and some black leggings. I spent a few minutes looking at my father's dagger until I heard a knock on the door of the bedroom that I was staying in. I looked up to see the guy that had kindly let Me, Natasha and Steve stay in his house.

I gave him a small smile. "Hi", I greeted.

"Hello", he said as he came in. "I'm Sam Wilson".

"I'm Zia. Nice to meet you, Sam", I said.

"Nice to meet you too". Sam sat down next to me. "What's this?" He asks, pointing at my dagger.

"Oh, this was my father's dagger. He gave it to me before he...he died", I said. I looked down at the dagger.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If you want, you can always talk to me", Sam says. I looked up at him.

"Can I trust you?" I asked.

"Of course".

I know he said I can trust him, but I didn't hesitate to look into his mind. He lost someone too. He works at the VA where he listens to people's problems. Maybe he's the one I need to talk to.

"Is it okay if we talk right now?" I asked. Sam nodded. I used my telekinesis to bring a tissue box over to me. Mostly because I was lazy. Sam looked at me in shock, but I ignored his shocked expression. "I'm going to need some tissues. Even though I don't want any because I hate crying".

"It's alright to cry. Sometimes you could use a good cry to get all your feelings out".

I told Sam about how I met Thor and Loki during the battle of New York. I told him about Loki's promise to me. I told him how we were reunited 6 months later and about my grandmother's death. Basically, I told him everything. When I got to the part about my father's death, I started crying. I've never been this emotional in my life.

I grabbed a piece of tissue as I continued crying. Sam puts a hand on my shoulder. "I came back to earth and it was like a different person came back. Sometimes, I think I can see my father, but when I turn away for on second, I look back and he's not there. Natasha, my mom says I'm not crazy, but sometimes, I feel like I am".

"Well she might not be wrong. Maybe you just miss him so much that you imagine he's still here, but it doesn't make you crazy. Some stuff, you leave there, other stuff, you bring back. It's your job to figure out how to carry it. Is it going to be in a big suitcase or is it going to be in a little man purse. It's up to you".

I nodded in understanding. "Thank you", I said.

"No problem", Sam says. Sam walked out of the room to make breakfast. He came back when breakfast was ready.

______________________________________

"So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D could launch a domestic missile strike?"

"Pierce", Steve says.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world", I  said.

"He's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lumerian Star".

"So was Jasper Sitwell", Natasha says.

"And Rumlow", I growled.

"Really?" Steve and Natasha ask in unison.

"I'm telling you. I never liked that man. I always knew there was something about him that wasn't right. Mom thought I was overreacting. Steve, you thought he meant well. It turns out angel is actually demon", I said.

Natasha rolled her eyes. "So the real question is, how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D officer in broad daylight?" Steve says.

Sam walked over to us with a file. "The answer is, you don't". He drops the file in from of Steve.

"What's this".

"Call it a résumé".

The three of us looked at Sam's "résumé". "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?"Natasha asks. "You didn't say he was a Pararescue". Natasha hands the file over to Steve.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asks, referring to the man in the picture standing next to Sam. This was the person he had lost.

"Yeah", Sam says.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use? A stealth chute?"

"No", Sam says. "These". He hands a file to Steve. We both looked at it. My eyes widened in fascination.

"I thought you said you were a pilot", Steve says.

"I never said pilot".

Steve looks back at the paper. "I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason".

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in", Sam says.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" I asked.

"The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12 inch steel wall", Sam says. Me and Natasha shrug like it's not big deal. I mean it wasn't a big deal. We've been through worse.

"Shouldn't be a problem", Steve says.