Chapter 1 Those eyes

I was sketching some weird signs in my sketch pad. I didn't know what it was but I was always drawing them. I tried to remember where I saw them but every time I tried my mind would go blank.

"Clary", my mom shouted.

I ran down stairs and  saw mom with an annoyed expression. "Yes mom?"

"What took you so long your going to be late?", mom exclaimed.

"Oh come on mom", I groaned. Jocelyn was the type of parent who was always strict when it comes to my education. We had the same long red hair that reminded me of fire and had the same bright green eyes. I had a rounder face and little more curves then my mother but besides that we looked the same. I love her but she can sometimes get on my nerves with her over protectiveness and paranoia.

"Okay Clary but hurry. I don't want your principle calling me again and Simon is outside waiting", mom explained.

"Okay bye mom. Remember I'm going out with Simon tonight so don't wait up." Before I could reach the door, mom grabbed my elbow and pulled me back.

"Clary do you really have to go?" Why can't you and Simon stay here, it's safer." Mom spoke with soft eyes. She was always overprotective of me for some reason. I don't know whether it was because of being a single parent or just because.

I released myself from my mother's grip and faced her. "Come on mom, where is the danger besides the creepy old lady downstairs? I promise we won't stay long", I examined to her softly.

Mom sighed and  managed to compose herself. "Okay be safe."

"You know I will, bye." With that I closed the door. Simon was at the side of the door waiting.

"Well can you go", Simon asked curiously.

"Yup, I can go", I replied eagerly.

"Cool so we should hurry."

****************************************

School was long and boring. The only friend I had there was Simon. He was my best friend since preschool and the only one I really connected with. I felt so disconnected with the kids here so I didn't bother trying to make friends. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Simon was waiting patiently for me at the exit. We walked in silence until I began to speak up.

"Simon do you ever feel like you don't belong?"

"Of course. A lot of people feel like they don't belong in high school."

"No Simon I mean like in the world." Simon looked at me with a quizzically

"No I don't feel that. Clary you feeling okay?", he asked with a look of concern.

"No Simon I'm fine, I tell him but I've always felt like there's something missing in my life. Like there is a part of me that I need to unlock.

"You sure?"

"Ya I'm sure."

"Okay what ever you say."

"I know you're just watching out for me. That's what best friends do." We smile at each other but I see something in his eyes that I can't detect.

"So did you get you're clothes  for the club?"

"Oh shoot I totally forgot." I remember leaving my clothes in living room while trying to get mom to let me go out .

"It's okay we will just go to your house and you could change there too."

"Okay." We got in the van and head for my house. While we were in the car talked animatedly about celebrity gossip and whatnot.

I saw some weird looking guy in the middle of the street but Simon  didn't stop. We were about to run him over.

"Simon stop", I shouted, taking the wheel and spun it away.We swerved to the right and the car stopped.

"Oh my God Clary are you crazy, you could have killed us", Simon shouted. He had a shock and confusion on his face.

I felt a pang of anger wash through me. "What do you mean am I crazy? You were about to run someone over!"

"What are you talking about, I didn't see anyone."

"Are you sure your glasses are on. Come look for yourself, he couldn't have already gotten away." I got out the van and ran to the spot where we almost ran someone over. He groaned in pain trying to get up. He had some cuts and scratches. "Are you okay?"

"You", he said and I looked at his eyes. His eyes were not what  eyes looked like, well at least not human eyes. They were more catlike with an oval shaped pupil with an orangish-yellow color.

"W-" I was cut off when he started running away. I was about to chase after him when Simon grabbed my arm and pulled my back.

"What are you doing", Simon asked confused.

"I have to go after him."

"Who are you talking about?", Simon had a puzzled expression. "I just stood here while you were talking into thin air."

"What are you talking about, he was right in front of you. He ran away." I was practically shouting at Simon. How could he not see him?

"Yeah he ran to la la land", he said with his voice full of sarcasm. I ran my hand through my long ginger hair in exasperation.

"Clary, there was no one on the road and there is no one here right now. Let's just go home and forget this happened." Simon suggested.

"Okay", I said but knew I would never forget the guy or his eyes.

Was this good.... Or bad... I haven't updated this book because I felt like my writing wasn't too good and wanted to get better so I rewrote it and put a little more detail into this chapter. Clary on the side. Please vote and comment what you think.