Chapter 7

I walked into the house just hoping that my mom wouldn't ask about where I was. I didn't think she would care that much since she never really cared about me anyway but I still didn't want to talk to her. She's been on my case a ton lately and its really bothering me.

"Who was that boy?" Great, she brought it up.

"Just some guy from school."

"Oh really? He seemed more than that since he drove you home."

"Yeah, because some people are nicer than you. Get over it." I mumbled a bit too loudly to myself.

"What did you just say?!"

"Nothing." I said, looking down at the ground.

"No, you said something that sounded a lot like calling me a mean person."

"Have you looked in the mirror lately? It seems like all I do is something you're not ok with. Just stay out of my life." Just as I tried to storm off, she grabbed my wrist and yanked me back to her.

"Don't you speak back to me!" As she yelled this, she slapped me. Hard. Right across my face. "If you EVER speak to me like that again!"

"Or what?!" I yelled back.

Just as I was about to yell at her again, she hit me with the remote that just happened to be right next to her.

I was crying so hard right now and my face was full of sheer blood. She kept yelling something but I couldn't understand a word she was saying from my sobbing. There was something about being disobedient and then something about me being a cry baby.

After she was done beating me up, I ran to my room.

I couldn't help myself. Everything was tearing apart. First, I was having an incredible night with Brandon and now I was getting beat, again, by my mom.

The only thing I could think of was to grab my dad's picture from my drawer and hug it. "Dad, I know you can't hear me, but can you promise me that things will get better? At least promise that mom wil get over you soon. I think she just opened and closed the door, letting in another random guy from work. I miss you so much." I kissed his picture and put it back.

I quickly got up from where I was sitting and locked my door. There was no way I was letting in my mom and her new guy anytime soon.

Once I sat back down on my bed, I checked my phone and saw that I had a new text from Jess.

From: Jess ---- Hey girl! How's it going?

From: Gracie ---- Well, when I was walking home from your house, Alex found me and started bullying me again. Luckily, Brandon just happened to be there and helped me out. I ended up being carried to his house and he helped me out with my cuts. I had dinner there and once I got home, my mom beat me with a remote. She now has a new guy downstairs so I locked my door. So basically, not great. Except for the whole Brandon thing.

From: Jess ---- Oh my gosh! Gracie, I'm so sorry!! Ooh, Brandon! ;) Your mom honestly has no respect for you. You should just run away to my house!! <33

From: Gracie ---- Haha, I wish! Yeah, that was super sweet of him. Did I mention he kissed my cheek?...

From: Jess ---- WHAT?! NO YOU DID NOT INCLUDE THAT IN YOUR DESCRIPTION!! AHHH!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Jess always had a way of making me smile.

From: Gracie ---- Well yeah he did. I swear, my face was as a tomato but I didn't care.

From: Jess ---- I'm happy for you(: Ugh..mom's making me turn my phone off and do homework. I'll talk to you tomorrow!

From: Gracie ---- ok, have fun!