20

FLASH FORWARD

Summer is over. Maya and Lucas kept in contact the whole entire time as Lucas moved away from his home at Texas to an unknown place, well to Maya it was unknown as Lucas refused to tell her.

Lucas and Maya's relationship became stronger than before. It has now been 8 months since they first met via that first mistaken text message, and they've never met in person.

Until-

INCOMING FACETIME CALL FROM RANGER RICK

Oh and Maya has a new nickname for Lucas - Ranger Rick.

Maya's POV

"Hey Ranger Rick! How you doing?" I smile as I see Lucas' new room at this new home.

"Hi Maya, everything's good. Do you like my new room?" He asks as he gives me a tour of his new western room. Brown wallpaper, posters of Brokeback Mountain and a signed hat from Clint Eastwood.

"I love it, it's so you." I reply as we both smile at each other for a while.

Ever since I had that chat with Riley and Farkle about my feelings... it's become more apparent at how real they are.

I like Lucas, I really do. It's hard because I don't think I've ever had feelings like this.

The only feeling I ever thought I had was when I eat tacos... that stuff is real.

One day I hope me and Lucas meet so I can tell him how I feel... I could never build up courage to tell him on a FaceTime call or on the phone or even by text. It's a face to face thing, you know?

Lucas' POV

She's so pretty when she smiles.

I love everything about her, hopefully one day I'll get to meet her in person.

I mean... it could be closer than she thinks.

I could never build up courage to tell her on the phone how I felt or a FaceTime call or even by text. It's a face to face thing, you know?