25

Maya's POV

Riley and Farkle are acting so weird today. Riley keeps on chatting away which is normal but she keeps on talking about the new student and wondering who they are, while Farkle seems to be looking for someone to show up.

The bell finally rings and we all go to our first class of the day - History. Which is taught by Riley's dad; Mr Matthews. He's like a father figure to me since my own dad left, he's like my uncle.

We enter the room and see Mr Matthews standing in the middle of it.

"Hello everyone! Please find your seat with your name on and we'll begin our first lesson! I've had to change the seating plan a bit where a student has left last academic year-"

"I still miss Yogi." I whisper to Riley.

"Maybe the new student is better to sit in front of." She says as she points to the front of the class which has my name on.

I'm at the front of the class... again. But as always, Mr Matthews places me next to Riley. That's one reason I love him, if I didn't have her next to me helping me through this subject I would be failing... miserably.

Me and Riley take our seats and begin to settle down. As I place my bag on the floor I notice Riley and Farkle staring at me with huge eyes.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask as they nod frantically.

"I think you should look behind you." Farkle says as I look behind to see an empty seat with a place card on. "Read the place card."

"It's the new student." Riley says as I turn back around to my desk and read the name.

LUCAS FRIAR

No. Surely not. There could be any other Lucas Friars in New York, in any state. There could be someone who's pretending to be named Lucas or someone who looks like him but isn't!

"Class! As Yogi has left our class to go to Daniel Adams Academy, we have a new student joining us." Mr Matthews says as he gestures to the back door. I turn around and...

It's him. His brown hair and his brown eyes are exactly like the pictures. Exactly like the pictures I drew when he asked me to draw him on FaceTime.

It's his clothes, the same style he always dress. Classic plain blue t-shirt and jeans. It's his hair, short but combed together nicely.

He looks at me straight away and looks taken back but smiles.

"Hey Maya."

"Hey Ranger Rick."

THE END