CHAPTER ONE

You considered yourself a lucky person. You were a Kook, you had a loving family and an amazing group of friends who you could also consider your family.

However, your parents were never approving of the extremely close bond you had with your friends since they were Pogues and you were one of the richest families compared to the rest of the Kooks.

You constantly got into heated arguments with your parents defending your friends but at the end of the day you did whatever you want, which usually meant spending every afternoon with your Pogue friends.

The sun was setting and you were spending an amazing time with your friends. Pope and JJ were pretending to fight to "practice" in case any criminals decided to get in the way. Sarah was comfortably staring at the act while being wrapped around John B's arms and Kiara was also staring at the guys with a disapproving yet a supportive look on her face while you were just smiling at their foolishness.

"Alright so I think Sarah and I are heading back home since it's getting pretty dark." John B stood up from his place, helping Sarah get up and holding her hand.

"Just say you're getting laid instead of coming up with the night bullshit man." JJ winked at his friend and John B just shook his head, hiding the smile behind his face.

"Oh please JJ." Sarah sighed but as you made eye contact with her, she grinned at you.

"Leave them alone JJ, it is getting dark and I think I'm leaving too." You gulped down what was left of your beer and picked up your beach bag.

"I agree with Y/N," Kie stood up and walked towards Pope, "walk me home?"

"You don't have to ask." Pope replied and interlaced his arms with Kie.

"Great, another couple getting some action tonight." JJ sighed and Kie just gave him a look.

"Sorry dude." Pope rubbed JJ's shoulder and Kie immediately punched Pope's shoulder.

"Stop crying JJ," you went up to him, "just pick some tourist up like you always do."

JJ mocked you and you just stuck your tongue out at him.

"She's not lying bro." John B added.

"Well maybe I will." JJ shrug his shoulders and grabbed another beer.

You cleared your throat and waved goodbye at your friends before agreeing on meeting tomorrow morning for breakfast by the beach.

As you walked home you couldn't get out of your head the thought of JJ getting it on with a stupid tourist girl.

You knew you had given him the idea but it's not like he wouldn't have done it either way. JJ had always been like that. You couldn't blame him though, he was good looking and funny, any girl would easily fall for his charms and end up on his bed.

What he didn't know was that you sometimes wished that girl would be you.

Of course no one knew about that, not even Kiara your best friend.

JJ and you have been friends for years and you know what the two of you have is too good and special for it to be ruined by a stupid crush you have on him. You also knew it would never be possible for JJ to think of you in that way. He has always seen you as one of the dudes, or at least that's what you've always thought. He always told you about the girls he slept with and even about his old (but now gone) little crush on Kiara.

You didn't mind that much though, because at least that had brought you closer to him. JJ's friendship with you was something he didn't have with neither John B nor Pope. He trusted you more than the guys and you were always the first person he would run to or tell things to no matter what.