CHAPTER THREE

The sound of the birds chirping outside your window woke you up. A classic sound that never failed to make you fall more in love with your mornings.

As you opened your eyes, you saw a pair of of tanned and strong arms wrapped around you, which belonged to the boy with the golden hair you loved so much. He was peacefully asleep, his chest slowly rising up and down while his eyelashes fluttered every now and then. You carefully examined his face and felt a wave of anger fill you up as you stared at the cuts and bruises all over his cheeks.

The bruise on his left eye was turning purple and you don't know what instinct got into you that made you softly trace your fingers across his face, careful to not hurt him or wake him up, but you failed at it.

His eyes slowly opened up and yours widened up, and you felt yourself starting to blush.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to wake you up," you covered your mouth, "did I hurt you?"

He smiled lazily and to your surprise, pulled you even closer to him.

"Not really," his voice was raspy and he closed his eyes again, "it actually feels nice, can you keep doing it?"

You bit your lip to contain the smile that wanted to get out and instead poked his side, making his eyes snap wide open.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"Get your lazy ass up."

As much as you wanted to stay in bed with JJ, the two of you were supposed to meet with the Pogues in less than an hour for breakfast and you knew they would get suspicious if neither of you showed up. Even though, no one knew about your feelings for JJ and probably would never even imagine the two of you being something.

"I can skip breakfast," he groaned, "your bed is too comfy, I want to stay here."

"No you won't skip breakfast."

You got out of bed, pulled your hair into a quick ponytail and headed into your bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. JJ was still laying down in bed with his eyes closed and you took the time to admire the sight in front of you. The sunlight making his blonde hair look golden and him looking angelic even with his face all bruised up.

"Come on JJ, get up!"

He groaned again but finally got out of bed after you threatened to poke his sides again. He went to the bathroom to get ready while you were deciding on which swimsuit to wear.

"Why do you have so many lotions here?" He said while brushing his teeth and clearly making a mess all over your sink.

"They're not only lotions," you grabbed the expensive cream he was holding and placed it back on the counter, "they're also creams, toners and liquid soaps all part of my skincare routine."

"Do you even need all of this?" He dried his face with your pink towel, making you giggle.

"Of course I do," you grabbed the tiny cream container and tapped some eye cream on your under-eyes, "I'm practically out in the sun all day, I need to take care of my skin alright?"

"I just put sunscreen on and call it a day." He curiously stared at you as you finished prepping your face.

"At least you put sunscreen on."

"What happens if you don't wear all that?" He was still staring at you, the crease between his eyebrows showing up.

"I would get wrinkles pretty fast and the sun could damage my skin a lot," you put some lip balm on and felt JJ's eyes staring at your lips, "my face would be an ugly mess."