CHAPTER SEVEN

Vik

I've been anxiously waiting for my mail to come, to know Harry was still okay. I got the fifth letter.

I cried and cried until my front door opened. It was Josh. He must've known exactly what I was crying about because he hugged me. He hugged me tight and didn't let go until I needed him to let go.

After Harry left, I haven't said a word. I can't seem to form words that would matter if he wouldn't be there to hear them. "I'm worried about you, Vik." He whispered to me.

I just stared at him blankly, not knowing what to say. He knew I wouldn't say anything.

Harry was so selfless. Of course all he got out of this was that he was glad it wasn't Lux or Freezy. Of course he must be the hero.

I was mad at Harry; pissed, really. How could he be so optimistic, thankful it was him instead of anyone else? I sat there, knowing damn well that if I were in his position, all I would be wondering is why me?

And if I get to see Harry again, I won't hold back. I'll pour out every last tear inside my body because I've missed him so much. He's always been the one to defend me when I couldn't defend myself. He made sure I was protected from JJ's jokes and comments and made me feel like I mattered.

I think about what he said about involving the police. Simon already had. But he's not dead.

Yet, I remind myself.

Why him? Why him? Why him?

This wasn't fair. Josh helped me into his car so we could report back to the rest of the guys who have anxiously been waiting for mail.

I stared out the window, hoping Harry knew how much I missed him.

That's the last time I spoke.