CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Third Person

Even after Vik explained to his friends what he thought was important, they didn't seem to buy it.

Ethan seemed to be growing more and more agitated and Simon was the only one to notice. And maybe it was the lack of sleep or their situation in general, but this made Simon angry. Taking a sip of his sixth coffee this evening, Simon stood up right in front of Ethan.

"What's your problem?" Simon asks, slamming his mug down by Ethan's feet.

Ethan's on his feet in seconds. "I beg your pardon?" Vik clung to Josh like Josh would protect him from danger all while JJ sat back and smiled, as the new episode of The Sidemen Are Fucked played right in front of him.

"You've been huffing and puffing like this is somehow inconvenient for you!" Josh worried that Freya would come out of the room but she promised not to.

Ethan rolls his eyes. "Forgive me for being annoyed that we aren't getting anywhere!" Simon clenches his jaw, curling his hand into a tight fist.

"We are all Harry's got, Ethan! Stop being so selfish, we're doing our best." Josh's hand shakes at his side, hating seeing their friendship break apart in front of his eyes.

"Has it ever occurred to you that he doesn't want to be found?" Simon goes still, frozen were he stood. His nostrils flare and his heart was on fire.

"Don't say that!" He hisses. Ethan sees Simon's weakness and smirks, stepping even closer to Simon.

"Are we going to pretend like we never noticed the lines on his wrist when we'd film. Or the fact that if we didn't get to him in time, he'd just kill himself anyway." Tears formed in Simon's eyes and JJ sat upright, not enjoying this episode.

Vik is crying and Josh feels sick. It's true, they all noticed Harry was acting different. They thought it was maybe just a phase. Maybe.

Ethan continues, "Lads, it's just a fucking letter!" Ethan extends his arms and spins around to face everyone. "It's his goodbye to us. Not some fucking S.O.S."

Simon's eyes brimmed with tears and he couldn't hold back any longer. "You don't know him like I do! He would do anything in his power to come back to us. He wouldn't do that!" Simon shivers. "He wouldn't do that to me." He whispers under his breath. He thought he was the only one who heard but they all looked at Simon in a new light.

"For crying out loud, your boyfriend isn't going to come running back into your arms and you're not going to kiss and everything won't fall back into place. You're all fucking mad if you think we stand any chance at finding him!" Ethan rages.

"Ethan," Josh warns.

"Pardon me, Josh. Freaking mad." Ethan mocks. He picks up his coat and leaves, slamming the door behind him.

Although Freya promised she would stay in the room she came back only to see Simon crying. She walks over to him and hugs him tight. She looks over at Josh who is trying to calm down Vik and then at JJ who has passed out on their couch.

"It hurts," Simon cries.

"I know, I know." Freya sooths him.

She heard everything. She worried about Talia. She worried about what that meant for Simon and Talia but never let go of Simon. For once in Simon's life, he had someone who wouldn't leave him.