Chapter 4- Kyle

*This is Kyle's p.o.v from the last chapter.*

I woke up, a mixture between hearing a continuos rustling and being cold. I swear these sheets are as thin as paper dang it!

I turned my attention back to the rustling.

It sounded like it was coming from the floor. "J-Johnnie?" I whispered. The rustling stopped.

"Y-yeah Kyle?" I heard him stutter back.

"Are y-you ok-ay?"

"Yeah o-of course. J-just cold. Are you?"

"Yeah, j-just cold." I managed to say through my chattering teeth.

I want to ask him to come lay with me but I don't want him to be weirded out or get mad at me for even suggesting something like that. It's not like I'm going to try anything on him, we just need each other's body heat. And I may or may not have wanted to hold Johnnie in my arms for a long time but that's besides the point.

"U-uh, Kyle?"

I took a chance. "Come here Johnnie."

I heard him kick off his sheets and start to make his way over. I shifted so there was room for him and kicked my sheet to the end of the couch because it's useless anyways.

I remember someone telling me that body heat is warmer if it's skin-on-skin so I started to take off my shirt but stopped when I heard Johnnie hesitate.

"Relax Johnnie. Body heat; it's warmer without clothes." I said, trying to make him feel more comfortable. He just stood there staring at me and I really hope I didn't just ruin this.

"I can put it back on if it bothers you, you know. I didn't mean to make you feel awkward or anything." I said as I started to pull my shirt back over my head.

"No, it's fine. You're right." He said as he grabbed my arms, making my skin tingle.

I eyed him for a minute before taking my shirt all the way off and throwing it on the back of the couch. He did the same.

I could feel him staring at me. I looked at his skinny frame. You could see his whole ribcage, but I thought he was beautiful. He subconsciously moved his arms over his stomach and I wanted to do nothing more than hold him and make him love himself as much as I love him, but I knew that was wishful thinking.

"Johnnie? You okay?"

"Yeah"

He laid down flush against me, his back pressed into my chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close to me. He tangled his legs with mine and I was already starting to feel warmer. I can't believe this is actually happening. I've wanted this for so long and I can't believe that he's actually here in my arms, even if it is just to share body heat. I rested my chin in the crook of his neck so I could whisper in his ear.

"Better?" I asked.

"Much. You?" He turned his head so he was facing me. Our faces are so close together and his lips are so close to mine that it isn't fair. I smiled at him. "Yeah, definitely better." He turned his head back so he was facing the other way and snuggled further into me. I started to trace circles on his chest and nuzzled my face into his neck, inhaling him. "So, you and Alex huh?" I mumbled into his neck. I felt him shiver and tightened my arms around him. "Are you still cold?"

"No. What about us? Are we dating? Yes. No. Maybe?" He sighed.

"You guys seem like you are. Do you like her?"

I knew that he did, or at least I strongly thought he did, but I still asked because maybe if I heard him say right to my face that he likes Alex I'll get over this stupid hopeless crush. A little part also hoped that he'd say he didn't like her. I knew I probably still wouldn't have a chance with him, but I'd have a little more hope.

He didn't say anything at all. Eventually he said "I need to get to know her more, see her in person and stuff"

I hummed, not knowing what to say. I am so content lying here with Johnnie and I can't believe I got this lucky.

"G'night Kyle" he said tiredly.

"Night Johnnie"

I waiting until I thought he was asleep. "I think I'm falling in love with you..." I whispered and gently kissed the top of his head, before letting sleep consume me.