Chapter 48: At Long Last

**A photo of Xam'ar played by Luke Eisner in the media box**

Song for the chapter: Morph by Twenty one pilot (just because)

Can't stop thinking about if and when I'll die
For now I see that "if" and "when" are truly different cries
For "if" is purely panic and "when" is solemn sorrow
And one invades today while the other spies tomorrow

We're surrounded and we're hounded
There's no "above", or "under", or "around" it

**Theron's POV**

"What do you mean 'he escaped'?" Xam'ar yelled as he walked into the room he'd been holding me hostage in with a scared looking Xylan following behind him.

"I-I-"

"Find him or do not return! Leave at once!" He ordered and the shorter alien gave a bow with an arm behind his back and the other across his chest. I could remember the bow as one subordinates gave a higher ranking Xylan officer to show respect.

"Eit, Xon'ah." The Xylan said before exiting the room. If I could remember correctly, 'eit' had meant 'yes' in Xylanthian. I could still remember quite a few things from when I was with the Xylans in Atlantis all those centuries ago.

"Xen'il. It is time." Xam'ar said with a smile on his face. There wasn't a trace of the annoyance he'd held on his face just a few seconds ago.

"Time for what?" I asked. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like his reply.

"Von eht sai'in." He informed and I swallowed hard. Centuries ago, I had heard that word way more than I could count.

"The invasion." I translated to the English dialect and Xam'ar smiled as he nodded in confirmation.

"Soon enough, this planet would be mine and you would be seated right beside me to see it happen." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder which I shrugged off.

"I will not let you destroy this planet, Xam'ar."

"You cannot stop me, xen'il. You are weak as are your comrades. It would be a fool's mission to try to do so."

"You would be foolish to think that. Do not underestimate us."

With a laugh, Xam'ar lifted my hand and pointed to the platinum handcuff which was bound to my left wrist. It had little blue glowing stones embedded around it which Xam'ar had explained to me were used to dampen my supernatural abilities. I was powerless with it on.

"I have learnt my lesson from before. I will not be underestimating you Incipients anymore. That's why I've had these specially made for every one of you." He set down my hand and walked towards the window where he stared out of it with his hands folded behind him.

I wondered what it was he had been staring at and just as I was about to ask, I heard a loud rumbling sound and then, the building began to vibrate.

"Our ride has arrived." Xam'ar announced and out from thin air, a familiar looking ship materialized. It had been one of the spaceships present the day the Xylans had invaded my town all those two thousand years ago. It had been the shape of an egg, a really big metal egg with a disk at the top and at the bottom.

I watched as a small door pushed out from the bottom center of the ship and then it parted ways to reveal a dozen of Xylans in battle gear.

The invasion was really happening. Xam'ar was going to destroy the world if I didn't do something. But what? I was powerless and I was here as his prisoner. There was no way I could fight off armed aliens who were a hundred times stronger and faster than the average human I had currently become. What was I to do?