Chapter 38: Blame The Flames

A/N:

We're at 600+ views!!! 💃🏽💃🏽

This chapter is dedicated to all my amazing readers. I love you guys❤️❤️❤️

**Theron's POV**

**2000 years ago**

It had been a few days since Lysandra's spirit was vanquished and all was well in Terla. We were all in high spirits as hope had been restored to the town once again and Aeliana was back to herself. She was still struggling after everything she had been through but I made it clear to her that I was always going to be there for her. I was going to help her get through it.

"How are you feeling today, Aeliana?" I asked as I led her into the garden where I had prepared lunch for us like I had done everyday since she had awoken.

I thought being out in nature, away from the people would do her some good.

"Same as before." She answered, shrugging. Her face was pulled down in a frown and I felt my heart ache.

"Aeliana, I am sorry this happened to you." I placed my hand atop hers. "I cannot help but blame myself."

"You saved my life, Theron. None of this is your fault." She assured me, placing her other hand atop mine. "I would have been dead if not for you." She gave me a small smile which I returned.

"I will never let anything happen to you again, Aeliana. I will protect you with everything I have. I promise you that." I stared into Aeliana's beautiful brown eyes. I had longed to see those kind eyes.

Aeliana parted her lips to speak but before she could get a word out, Tatiana interrupted us.

"I cannot believe you both are having lunch without me." She said accusingly as she walked up to us. Her hands on her hips.

"Tatiana. It is good to see you are out and about." I smiled up at her. She had just recovered from her near death experience.

"I am still quite a bit sore but I feel very good." Tatiana answered, taking a seat opposite Aeliana and I.

"I am terribly sorry, Tatiana. This is all my fault." Aeliana apologized, her eyes glistening with tears.

"You need not apologize, Aeliana. This is all of Lysandra's fault, not yours. You were a victim, my dear friend."

"I just—Still, I apologize. I cannot help the guilt." Aeliana looked down to the grass as she sniffled.

I wanted nothing more than to pull her into my arms and console her and to tell her how much she meant to me but I could not. Now was not the right time.

"Oh, Aeliana. Please, do not think that way." Tatiana circled around and pulled Aeliana into her arms. Aeliana begun to sob immediately.

I watched her cry and my heart clenched, knowing how much pain she was in. It hurt more knowing I could not take any of her pain away. She did not deserve any of this. It was simply unfair.

"Everything will be alright, Aeliana." I gently squeezed her hand which was still under mine.

I was worried about Aeliana. Even though we had managed to rid ourselves of that monster, Lysandra, I could not help but feel uneasy.

The day of rebirth was fast approaching and in those moments when we were in between life and death, we were susceptible to possession, especially Aeliana.

A doorway had already been opened by Lysandra and anyone as desperate as she was to live again could have wormed their way into Aeliana's body once again.