3 || 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵 & 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 || ♣

Type:
Character x Reader 
Pairing:
Magna Swing x Royal!Reader
Rating:

[♣]

"Mother, I can't believe you were trying to find me suitors at that event!" the exclaimation was loud enough to echo through the dining room as you looked to the matriarch of the Kira family with narrowed eyes. 

Your mother, cold and calculating as she always seemed, spoke in a clear yet quiet voice as she answered. "As a daughter of a very high ranking family it is imperative that once you are married and settled it is with a man of noble or higher ranking status. Besides, I cannot see what it is that you so dread about marrying the likes of the younger Silva child -" 

"Oh, only the fact that he is a snot-nosed, childish, petty brat that is about as amiable as a rabid rat-" 

"- or Leopold Vermillion, then -" 

"Who at the age of sixteen is three years younger than me, and isn't even completely an adult yet, which I'm sorry... but I can't quite overlook that fact, even if he is more tolerable than Solid." 

Your mother sighed. "You never so much as gave them a chance to prove themselves." 

And whilst that may have been true, your mother wasn't so much as giving you a chance to go out into the world and choose a person you loved, or better yet, giving you the choice not to marry at all. Never had you been interested in marriage, in white dresses and pretty weddings, bridesmaids or wedding cake. Occasionally these things looked cute to look at, but it had never been your goal, or desire or wish. It was your mother's goal. Though you could see her point, given what is expected of royal and noble females, you refused to just give in and surrender yourself to that sort of life. 

"Even if I did... do you not think they too would rather enjoy their life, as opposed to marrying a woman they barely know?" you responded. "Besides, they showed no more interest in me romantically than I did." 

"Sometimes you have to accept that unions like these aren't just about love." 

"Then what? What could possibly be more important for a romantic relationship than love?" 

"The love will come, usually, eventually... but a union between two royals is made in the attempt to keep money, magic, power and respect within a family," your mother explained, with you trying not to make a face as she did so. "It is a union forged out of trust, as the families know and respect each other and ensures that there is minimal risk involved for the two people getting married because both sides have faith in the member of the other side. And if I am to allow a marriage between yourself and anyone else to happen, it must be a marriage to a man I know can keep you safe and secure, dear." 

You said nothing at that. In fairness, she had made a few good points, even though you didn't like them and chose to ignore them. It didn't help that in saying what she said, she underestimated your ability to protect yourself and that stung. Even if you were to end up falling for the wrong man, your crystal magic was nothing short of powerful, and simply because your mother fretted over you too much to ever allow you to join the magic knights did not mean you hadn't trained yourself in self-defence. And it did help that Damnatio had found you tutors that helped you whenever mother wasn't there to be aware of this - as she would have undoubtedly freaked out should she have known of the arrangement. 

Instead, you poked and prodded at your breakfast until finally your mother released you, unable to find the appetite with the threat of being married off to a stranger hanging over your head. 

[♣]

A good hour or so later, you had managed to sneak out the house - after bribing your calculating older brother to keep it a secret from mother, that was - hiding yourself in plain sight with a wig and simple change of clothes. You were surprised at just how effective it was, but then again, not many people were even aware of your existence. Sheltered as you were from the rest of the world, you barely saw any of it's people and, likewise, they barely ever caught sight of you.