Court of Flowers (Sutherland Book 1)

Status: completed
Author: greenwriter
Genre: Historical Fiction ( regency era)
Language: English
Parts: 49

———————————
Court of Flowers is the first book in the Sutherland series written by greenwriter.

Set in the fictional kingdom of Sutherland. The protagonist, Sasha, is part of an institution called Belcourt, a place that serves as an orphanage for young girls ( and many more). As Sasha lives peacefully in the Court of Libraries inside the walls of Belcourt, she is suddenly transported to the Court of Flowers— by far the most famous court of all, where the girls are called Belles and are known to give service to lucky gentlemen referred to as flowers. Still unsure of her new duties and the baggage that comes with it, she is introduced to a mystery of a man, West Blackwood, her gentleman, her first flower. As she journeyed on her new life, she is faced with a dilemma, one that challenges her loyalty to Belcourt and threatens her blooming relationship with her flower.

----

I personally enjoyed reading Court of Flowers.

I like the way the main character, Sasha, was written and how her character developed in the story. From a girl who lives and breathes in a library, buried in books, studies, and research, to a woman who makes big and tough decisions and stands true to it. I knew from the start that she was made for greatness, however like most people, she is also a victim of the circumstances.
----
I had always admired greenwriter's ability to put words together. The way the chapters are written captivated me, I would find myself paying attention to every word and detail.
She incorporates easter eggs in the chapters and when you would find them, it would elicit questions in your mind, and because of that, you would crave for more, you would crave for answers. Furthermore, it would give insight to what could possibly happen
in the next few chapters without giving away too much.

----

I would definitely recommend this book to readers who love a good historical romance, and for those who don't, this book might just change your mind.