9

Francis' Point of View
I don't regret saying what I did to Mary, I'm no good for her. She deserves a better man than me. I can see myself being happy with her, but I can also see myself hurting her. I wish I was good enough but I'm not. I got dressed and went down stairs, I slept until almost one o'clock, I stayed up late thinking. I walked down the kitchens. I saw two people kissing in the hallway. They pulled apart and it was Mary's lady, Kenna, and my half-brother, Bash. They spend a lot of time together. I'm happy for Bash, he really likes her. Now it's a matter of if my father will let them marry. I got an apple from the kitchen and walked out. I need to be a better man, I need to focus less on drinking and women as more on being a better king. I saw Mary and Tomas, the Prince of Portugal. She saw me and smiled. "Francis! It's so amazing to see you my love." She smiled, what the hell? She walked up to me and cupped my face in her hands then kissed me. Oh god. She pulled away and wrapped her arms around my waist. "This is my fiancé, Francis." She smiled up at me. I think she is trying to get him away from her, I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead. "Mary, I planned a picnic for us, would you like go?" I asked smiling down at her. "I'd love to." She smiled "Nice seeing you, Tomas." I smiled then we turned around and walked down the hall. "I'm sorry-" She said, I cut her off. "Just smile and laugh until we are out of sight." I said, with a big smile. "Okay." She said with a big smile as well. We walked down the hall hand in hand until we were out of sight. "What was that?" I asked "He was being creepy and asking me to break our engagement off and how you obviously don't want to marry me and I just needed him to think that we are in love and ready to get married." She said "I understand, I'm sorry he was doing that. While he is here I'd be happy to play along." I said "Thank you." She hugged me. "Of course." I said hugging her back. "Can I ask another favor?" She asked "Of course, anything." I said "My new lady, Lola, is arriving. She was dismissed from being the lady to my cousin for sleeping with her husband. But her father is very powerful and he wants her station to stay. Please don't sleep with her." She said "I'm actually taking a break from sex for a little." I said "You're not gonna have sex with anyone?" She asked, I hate how shocked she looks. "No, I'm focusing on my country." I said "Good for you." She said "Mary, I would never sleep with one of your ladies." I said, she smiled. "Can I escort you to the throne room?" I asked. "Yes." She smiled. We began walking. "How did you sleep?" I asked "Good, I just get so cold at night." She said "I don't know if I have ever had a conversation with you where you didn't complain about being cold" I smiled, she smiled and playfully shoved me. "What about you?" She asked "I slept good, I have lots of blankets." I smiled "I need to steal them." She smiled "Maybe you and Sterling can go on a stealth mission to take them." I smiled "Sterling is such a big dog he doesn't know what to do with himself, he will knock everything over." She smiled "He is still cute though." I smiled "Yes he is. I heard your sister just gave birth to a baby boy." She said "Yes, everyone is very happy." I said "Well you're an uncle now, you should be excited." She smiled "I really hadn't stopped and thought about that, it is cool." I smiled "I love babies, it's just fascinating that I could hold a living thing inside me." She said "I remember when my brothers were infant, I loved being a big brother to them." I said "Your brothers love you, Charles tells me how much he enjoys spending time with his big brother." She said "He is a good kid, you seem to enjoy spending tome with Madelyn." I said "I do, I feel for her. When I came here I was just a child and I was scared, your mother took me under her wing and I want to do the same for her." She said "You're a really good person." I smiled "I try to be." She blushed, we reached the throne room. "Time to talk about crop distribution and land disputes." I said "Yay, so exciting." She laughed "Come on." I smiled, I opened the door and she walked through, I followed after her and we sat down at a table to get to business.