Klaus Mikaelson x reader

I smiled as I watched Klaus's strokes on the canvas, spots of paint stuck to his fingers. My knees were tucked against my chest as I sat in an armchair close by.

Niklaus. The love of my life since I was 16. I still remember the day I first met him. It was England, 1476 and King Edward IV was in power. My mother had been a lowly commoner and my father, one of the king's knights. I never knew him, though. He bailed on my mother as soon as he found out she was pregnant.

I guess that's why Niklaus and I had a connection. We both had been abandoned. We were kindred spirits in that respect and what had began as a beautiful friendship bloomed into a passionate romance between us. He had even entrusted me with the secret of his vampirism...it made me love him even more.

The supernatural world fascinated me in a way I couldn't even quite explain... So, yes, Klaus had turned me so we could be together - always and forever.

"Still there, sweetheart?" Klaus said over his shoulder, his lovely British accent giving me butterflies.

I just grinned at his back.

"I never understood how you did that," I said, gesturing to the painting as he turned around to face me, "Things like that never came easy to me..."

Klaus flashed me his signature dimpled-smile and walked over to me, his paintbrush still in hand. He held out his paint-splattered hand to me.

"Come on, love. I'll show you how it's done."

I took the hand he offered and he led me over to the canvas.

"This is not going to end well." I whined as he wrapped an arm around me from behind.

His other hand guided mine over the painting. His hot breath tickled the back of my neck and I shivered. After all these 540 years, he still had that affect on me.

"Painting doesn't have to be exact. Just let it flow through you..." he whispered in my ear.

With his guidance, my paintbrush danced across the canvas - making the paint darker and the picture come to life.

"That's my girl..." he purred as he let go of my hand.

He place gentle butterfly kisses on my neck as I painted, his hands firmly holding my waist. Time slipped away from us and before I knew it, the painting was finished.

"Klaus, look! I did it!" I said, enthusiastically as I stepped back to admire it.

It wasn't near as good as anything Klaus had painted but I was proud of myself for at least trying. Klaus grinned, taking me in his arms. His chin rested on the top of my head.

"It's beautiful... See? I knew you could do it, sweetheart."