Chapter 45

"Did you ever think we'd end up here?" Noah asks. We were sitting in the backyard of the mansion. The hills hiding the view of other houses nearby. The only thing in front of us was nature.

        "No, my mother had different expectations for me," I confess. I tug pieces of grass out of the ground. My fingers working together to pull them apart. It was a habit that people developed due to boredom or anxiety. Thanks to the countless days spent in the field for gym growing up. I wasn't sure which one it was for me.

           "Your mother did?" Noah says dumbfounded. I hummed in response throwing the pieces of grass back onto the ground. We were currently sitting on the grass. I was sitting with my legs crossed. But Noah decided to lay down. He confessed he had an admiration for watching stars at night.

             "Yeah, she wants a lot for me," I mention.

              "What do you want for yourself?" I glance down only to meet Noah's gaze. His curious eyes looking up at me. He was on his back therefore looking at me upside down.

                  "I wanted to be different. I wanted to make a difference. Start something new. Have my own family," I confess. Noah shifts next to me. He turns on his side to look at me. His arm propping his head up.

"We want the same Reyna. I have to confess that I don't want to run my fathers company anymore. It doesn't do anything. I-I'd rather be like Brendon," Noah admits. He looks back up at the stairs refusing to meet my gaze. I sigh to myself pulling at the grass aggressively.

"Dating Brendon was a mistake," I state. I listen quietly waiting for Noah to agree with me. When he doesn't I turn to him with a raised brow.

"I use to think it was. But I can't blame you for trying to find happiness. Sometimes I envy Brendon. He is a successful attractive man for his age. He runs a organization aimed at helping rescue animals. He does modeling and producing occasionally. He has everything," Noah says softly. I reach over pushing Noah's hair out of his eyes. He hadn't gotten a hair cut in a while. It was starting to show.

Noah watches silently with a small smile on his lips. "But Brendon isn't you Noah."

"Ma'am are you here with me?" The nurse says tapping against my leg. I open my eyes to see a nurse standing in front of me.

"Yes," I shudder in pain. I turn to see Noah next to me with a look of worry in his eyes. The most vulnerable I've ever seen him. "What's wrong?"

"You passed out for a second," Noah answers weakly. I nod disoriented looking back at the nurse.

"You aren't fully dilated yet! But due to your condition we might induce you early! Your doctor is running late. He will be here any second!" the nurse informs me before hurrying to the door.

The pain wracks my body causing me to exhale sharply. Noah leans forward in his chair. "Fully dilated?" he hisses going to stand up. I reach my arm out to him. I glance down noticing I was in a hospital gown. I had no recollection of dressing myself into one.

"Calm down. The baby needs time to come out. Besides we still need to discuss a name," I smile.

                    "We don't know if it's a boy or girl," Noah reminds me. I sigh leaning back onto the pillow. My body heat overwhelming me. I could feel the beads of sweat forming.

                    The contractions seemed to hold off slightly allowing me time to relax my muscles. They were already aching. I knew my prior injuries were only contributing to my pain. "Reyna?"