Chapter 1: Auditioning

I walk through the doors of the atrium, only to be met by a swarm of people, milling around the place. I blinked; what the fuck was going on?
Suddenly, a woman next to me turns, and catches sight of me.

"Oh my god!" she squeals loudly, running over to me. "It's (Y/N) Devika! I love you! You're like my idol! Could you sign my phone case? Please?!"

I back away from the crazy girl, turning my gaze to the rest of the crowd, that are now all rushing towards me, clammering to talk to me. I just kept backing away, until I realized backing away really wasn't going to help me. People were screaming almost, trying to trample eachother to talk to me. I took a deep breath; right, plan 'A'.

"Could you all move away from me? Like, NOW?!" I basically screamed at the top of my lungs.

Shockingly, they all stopped, staring at me. I breathed out quietly; Huh, did not expect that to work.

"Uh, sorry, but I have somewhere to be, so..."

I pushed through the crowd, quickly walking away from them as they stared after me. I head to the lift, and quickly dive in as soon as the doors open, pressing the button as hard as I could, ignoring the other woman who had stepped in after me. As soon as the doors closed, I breath out a sigh of relief, leaning my head against the wall.

"Crowd problems?" the woman asked sympathetically.

"Hm," I replied, my eyes remaining shut. "I'm not used to it. I don't really go out much."

"Yeah, I suppose you wouldn't want to, would you?"

"No, I don't really like going out."

I open my eyes and look at her. She's tall, with light brown hair and baby blue eyes, and pale skin. I gave her a cool smile, which she returned, somewhat hesitantly.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Laura Williamson," she said, holding out a hand.

I just stare at it, one eyebrow raised, until she gets the message, and drops her hand. She smiles awkwardly. This time, I don't smile back.

"Well, Ms. Williamson, what brings you to the BBC Studio's?" I ask her.

I don't particularly care about her life, as I already know she's here to audition for the role of the Doctor. She wasn't a particularly great actress; I could tell by the shabbiness of her clothes that she rarely got a part in anything.

"Um, well I'm here to audition for the role of the Doctor," she says timidly, her hands twisting together nervously.

I look her up and down, ignoring the little voice screaming in my head saying 'no,no,no,no,no!' over and over in my head. I shake my head lightly; well I know how this audition will go.

"Are you here for the audition too?" she asks timidly.

I stare at her blankly, until the door to the lift opens. I give her one last look before pushing myself off the wall and walking away from her.

"Oh, um, ok then, bye!" she calls after me.

I ignore her, instead walking down the corridor, fixing my jumper, my high heeled boots clicking against the tiles. As I turn down another corridor, I hear voices coming from the room where they made people wait for their auditions. I walk over to the door, pushing it open slowly.
As soon as I walk in, I look around. There was people all over the place, all clutching scripts and rereading them, the tension in the air so thick it might have suffocated me. As I look around, a blonde woman catches my eye. I look at her, frowning slightly; where could I have possibly seen her before?
She had short straight blonde hair, that curled just beneath her chin, and brown eyes that were staring intently at her script. She was sitting in one of the chairs, a frown on her face as she bit her lip. I eyed her again. Then, it clicked.