Signed Off

"Valerie, she never reported it. She thought it was bad at that time cause of the album." She could hardly get passed the words she was saying.

"Are you serious?" I looked at the ceiling in disbelief and held Billie's hand. "Should we?"

She looked at me, I wiped her tears.

"I mean yeah, we'll go through a lot but we have each other to fall on right? You need this justice."

She nodded and kissed me. "Thank you love."

I closed my eyes and lightly smiled. "I love you, I promise we'll get there."

---

November. 19th 2020

There was so much paperwork. It makes sense, but it's so much. I would watch Billie write her 4 names about 20 times on one paper, it was insanity. After about an hour I saw Billie slam her head on the table.

"My birthday is soon and I'm going to be spending it in court." She said angrily. I looked at her in sympathy.

"It won't all be bad. Once it's all over," I got close to her and sat on the arm of the chair. "I'm taking you to...Sandals, Jamaica" I joked.

Billie laughed and grabbed my head and kissed it. I kissed her back.

(It's an Office joke just so you know Ya'll real ones if you know it. ;D)

"Actually probably like Europe or something." I smiled. I got up and started walking towards the fridge.

Over this past month... Maggie and Patrick have let us have the house to ourselves. They've been gone this entire month and plan to come back for Billie's birthday. Billie didn't say bye to them. I did. I gave them longer hugs for both of us. When I told Billie that, she just shrugged.

I just got my driver's license...I had been waiting a while, I'm afraid of drunk drivers, high drivers, and especially...drivers. I finally got over that and have gotten my license. Billie was happiest when I showed her...it was adorable. Her face lit up, she gave me a huge hug and made me drive her to McDonald's.

---

"Baby, dinners ready," I called from the counter. She lifted her head from her computer then came and sat down on the table.

"I'm sorry you've had to make dinner, want me to make it tomorrow?" Billie offered, grabbing the plate I handed to her.

"Oh no, I want you to finish all the legal stuff then we can celebrate," I smirked, yet I did it innocently.

As I sat down and cut a piece of fried tofu and ate it I heard Billie's ringtone. "Go check it maybe your mom."

Billie rolled her eyes. "You check I still don't want to talk to her." I dropped my fork.

"What if she was hurt, Billie?" I said getting up and grabbing the phone. "You'd feel like shit." I opened the phone and saw a text from a random number. I inspected it and it was from a lawyer we hired.

"Yo Bil..." I said reading the text. She got up and looked over my shoulder.

We will not be able to make this case, there is no evidence to prove or disprove that this event actually happened. You could go in for a test if you need more information on the testing sites and where to test check here: (***-****-****)

We are sorry, you waited very long to make this case and most evidence that would have been left has probably ceased by now. Good day.

"Oh my god, Billie-" I said going in for a hug. Her arms remained at her side. It's like she was numb.

"Billie..."

I looked at her. She didn't say anything. Her eyes locked with mine.

"I need you to watch me."

"What?" I said grabbing her hand,

"I need you to watch me because if no one does I swear to god I'm gonna kill myself." She said breaking down in tears. I widened my eyes and felt tears stream down my face. I grabbed her and sat her down in my lap on the couch. Too many times we've done this...

"Billie, you're gonna be alright. I know this is maddening, what do you want to do?" I asked trying to make her feel better.

"I wanna fucking die." Her voice cracked and tears fell down, the strength of her hand squeezing onto my arm was almost too much to handle.

"No no Billie see this isn't the end of the world baby." I pet her hair, the way she layed was like she was already dead.

"I don't wanna be here there's nothing to live for nothing matters nothing matters nothing matters" she spiraled quietly. I had never seen something like this is was extremely scary for me to go through. I take her hand and we go lay down in her room.

I lay her down on the bed and put the covers over her. She didn't say anything, I wasn't expecting her to. I laid next to her and I fell asleep. But I knew right before I drifted, that she'd be awake for a long time.

-

"Billie!" I heard a scream. I checked my phone 12:34 am.

I got up and struggled to find the light. Once I did I looked around to see if she was there, no, she wasn't. I ran outside and saw the bathroom door open. The light was off.

"Billie listen to me! You're gonna be okay." I heard Maggie say hurriedly. I heard splashing of water and went inside the bathroom.

"Maggie what the hell is going-" I stared in awe. Billie's face was white. I'd never seen a dead person, I don't know what they look like. But I refuse to think she is dead.

"Maggie? MAGGIE WHAT IS GOING ON?" I yelled grabbing Billie's hand, going to the top of her wrist, and checking her pulse. There wasn't one. I let the explosion of emotions wash over me while I ran to get my phone from our room.

"911? What is your emergency?"