Chapter 7

I pick more berries as we wait for Elle. "Man I think I have a tummy ache", moans Izzy. "That would be a first seeing as your almost always hungry", I murmur. I start to nod off when I hear the cutest little laugh in the distance. I look to Izzy and find that she has gone to wait at the fence. I assume that it was Flint's little laugh and that they are close by. I walk to the fence and I see Elle and a Flint. Flint looks about three. He has dark skin and the cutest short black curly hair. He has on barely any clothes on and the ones he has on are dirty and ripped. I watch as his little blue eyes look into mine and he laughs. I think I'm going to like having this little boy around I look to Elle and find that she is bored probably waiting for instructions. I instruct her to follow Izzy and I as we walk along the fence line to the tree. As we get to the tree Elle hoists Flint into the tree. I watch as he climbs the tree like a little spider monkey and I laugh. He jumps off the branch after he has cleared the fence and plops into my arms. I laugh and hold him in my arms while we wait for Elle. I watch Elle carefully climb the tree. As she gets to the branch right over the fence I watch as she looses her footing and begins to fall. "No!", Izzy yells and runs to help Elle. As her arm hairs start to singe she grabs onto a small branch. I watch as she just hangs there and I see the terror in her eyes while, she thinks that she will either die from the fall or being burnt to a crisp by the fence. I looked down and see that Flint isn't in my arms anymore, but over by the fence instructing Elle on what do while I look stupid standing there in my spot paralyzed. I walked over to the fence and watch as Elle hoisted herself onto the branch and jumped to the ground on to our side of the fence.