Chapter 16 - Dateko vs. Karasuno

"Gauging on their first match, they'll start with a powerful serve. The serve will break your formation then they'll block your return. Dateko's strategy is to attack those who can't keep up. So for the first serve, make sure that your receive are solid!" Coach Ukai instructed the team, sweeping his gaze player to player.

"Hai!"

"And Lei get ready, we'll use you later."

"!!, Yes coach!" The boy exclaimed happily as both him and Hinata high five each other. Happy that he would now be able to play.

"And Kageyama, you know what to do?" Coach Ukai added. Glancing at their two smallest spikers, who seems to be in their own world.

"Hai."

"All right, Now go tear down the iron wall!!"

"Osu!!"

_______

The match started with Karasuno in the lead with 2 points but it is merely because of luck.

"Wahhh Sugoi! Deteko's sugoi! They have been blocking all of our spikes and we only manage to score through luck! That is simply amazing!! Right Suga-senpai?" Lei commented to the taller silver haired senpai. A look of pure amazement on his face, that make it seems like sparkles are floating all around him.

"Ehh? Ah yeah.. " Suga scrath the back of his head not knowing what to answer. Yes, Deteko's amazing but it's different when they're your opponent.

"But I don't think that is something to be amaze about." Suga sweatdrop. Yes, Dateko is an amazing team but right now, he is not feeling amazed at all. He is kinda scared that they are their opponent but it doesn't mean they would back down.

Yes, they are scared because Dateko is the reason why they experience a devastating lose last spring and also the reason why Asahi almost quit volleyball.

But they are willing to overcome it by having faith to all their teammates. Especially, with the addition of the new first years. It gives them confidence that they can overcome anything.

Suga turn his gentle gaze towards the boy, who have been looking at him. Perplexed why he should not be amazed when they are really amazing.

Suga sensing his thoughts, pats the boy's head with a gentle smile on his lips.

"That's because I think thay you all are more amazing. Karasuno are more amazing, right?"

"Whoah! You're right Suga-senpai! We are more amazing!" And as if to prove a point, after he turn his gaze towards the court, he sees the two performing their signature freak quick. Shocking almost all the people on the court with their own awesomeness.

Although they might not be the best at defense but they have the craziest offense.

"And I'm glad that I'm part of the best team."

"Nice Shoyo! Nice Tobio!" Lei wave to the two. "I want to go in. I want to go in! Coach!!" Lei look at their coach, staringly pleading him to put him in.

"Hehehe he's getting relentless." The coach smile helplessly. He can feel the unwavering stare of the smaller male directed towards him. "Well, it can't be help but it's not the time yet. What I want is for Hinata to completely shines and blinds the blockers with our other spikers and when that happens, I'll put him. Letting him fight Hinata with the spot light and in that way the other team will be more cautious of them and finally it will be easier to score." Coach Ukai smile evilly to that thought making Takeda-sensai place a few distance away from him.

"Whoahhh!! Its the quick again!"

"Ehh! It's fast!"

The crowd suddenly yelled out in shock. Hinata and Kageyama performed their signature quick again, shocking and making Dateko contemplate whether that quick is really just luck.