Twenty Four.

The break for four months and seeing my dad was for my birthday was the rejuvenation I needed. Chris texted me every once and awhile but he kept it friendly, surprisingly. Knowing him, he was probably dating someone again. I ignored the urge to ask.. or care about it.
I got to spend a little time with Deeohgee before I was back on a plane. Mykie and Deeohgee bonded throughout my busy schedule so she was the official dogsitter for my boy when I had to leave. Mykie had a guest room in my new house for this reason too.
The cameo in the new Spider-Man movie would only take a couple of days to film. The filming crew were different from the Avengers crew so it was nice to see Tom as the only familiar face until Chris arrived on set.

The blistering Atlanta weather in July was never something I would adjust to. Marvel tried to avoid filming in our heavy costumes during the hottest time of the day. Which usually meant sitting around on set waiting for hours.
We filmed a couple takes to get accustomed to our marks. I barely had any lines, thankfully. I couldn't focus in the damn heat. We took a break for lunch and to wait for the heatwave to pass. I stripped off the top portion of my costume. The small tank top and sports bra underneath were drenched with sweat. A woman from the costume department helped me step out of the bulky pants. I thanked her numerous times. A trick I learned from Scarlett was to wear thin leggings under the costume's bottom half.
I sat back into my chair with a little battery operated handheld fan on my sweaty face and neck. The set of a laboratory was quiet and dark next to me. Chris' chair was close enough for me to rest my tired feet onto it. I blissfully enjoyed the cool air from the little fan and closed my eyes.

"Your feet are on my chair." I dropped my feet to the ground at his voice.
"Oh, no! I'm so sorry, Mister Evans!" I exaggerated the cleaning of his chair with my hand. "Can I get you anything else, sir? A sparkling water? Full body massage? Someone to wipe your ass?"
"Yes but not the same guy from last night. He was a bit too rough." The loud laughing from the both of us faded to awkward giggles. I returned my feet to his chair, this time one on each arm rest. He sneered at me. "Seriously?"
"Hey, you sat down."
"On my chair."
"Just let it happen."
"That's what he said." We said together. "Jinx!" We said together again, pointing to each other. He threw his head back laughing.

"At least we're not fighting." I stated happily. I shrugged my shoulders. "They're letting you have a beard?" He nodded his head and scratched at the beard.
"Yup. The long hair too. For..infinity..war." His voice trailed off with his eyes lowering to my neck, chest then spread legs.
"Those are very thin leggings." He observed, keeping his eyes at my crotch.
"Good thing I'm wearing underwear today."
"No, you're not."
"Dammit." I cursed under my breath. My breathing became unsteady at his fingertips grazing across the thin material. "You know me so well, don't you?" I asked, smirking. He sat up slightly to bring hands to my calves. He massaged them aggressively. I swallowed violently at the heat from his hands. His right hand gripped my inner thigh. I inhaled a sharp breath and clutched his forearm causing me to sit up. Our faces inches away. I licked my lips slowly. My body trembled helplessly at his hand moving closer to my aching pussy. His familiar scent flooded my nostrils. The gentle and passionate kiss weakened me. I pulled back.

"This isn't a good idea. Someone could walk over here and see us." I whimpered. He blinked open his eyes up to mine.
"I don't fucking care." He growled. His lips pressed against mine and his hand rubbed at my soaked slit over the leggings.
"Hey Sarah, sorry! I got tied up with—" Tom ran up to us in his Spidey suit. I pushed Chris away. My feet fell off his chair. He quickly moved his hands to his lap. "—oh, heh. My bad. Carry on." He ran back through the empty set. My eyes followed Tom until he disappeared.
"That's what you meant.." Chris' jaw clenched under the beard. He kept his eyes lowered. "..you meant Tom could walk over here and see us." I scanned his face. He raised his head to look in my eyes. "Did I interrupt something?"
"No—yes—I..I need—" I didn't know what I was saying. I had to get away from Chris. I tried to stand up from the chair.

"Don't chase after him."
"I'm not chasing after him."
"Are you with him or not?"
"Not.." I glared my eyes. "..like it's any of your business."
"What the fuck are you doing with a kid?! He's like 12 years old!" He raised his voice. I shushed him.
"Be quiet." I smiled awkwardly at a group of crew members. They went back to their conversation. "He just turned 21. His birthday is in June, too."
"Of fucking course it is."
"Are you done?" I snapped back.
"Finally.." His eyes saddened from the rage. "..yes." He got up so fast from his chair that it fell back onto the ground. The sudden movement scared me. The words broke my heart. I lost the grip of my fan. It shattered broken pieces all over the floor.

The makeup artist dabbed the sweat and tears from my face. She didn't know I was crying from the comments she made about the weather being too hot for the actors. Maybe she did know I was crying and was trying to be nice about it.
I swallowed my pride, got back into my costume and returned to set. Chris ignored me through the entire scene. The director, Jon Watts, asked us to stay put as he called Scarlett to the set. I didn't read the full scene. I was relieved to know Scarlett would be here.
I fumbled with buckles and straps on my suit. Anything I could find to keep me looking busy. And not looking at Chris.

"Hey Sarah." Scarlett smiled and walked up to her mark.
"Hey..Scarlett. What's up?" I sniffled. I wiped a few tears that escaped my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair to play it off.
"You okay?"
"Yeah..umm..got something in my eye."
"You're a terrible liar. Just like someone we know." My eyes traveled across the set to Chris. He was forcefully smiling as he nodded his head, listening to the direction from Jon.
"I also know that you two need to talk things out. You two are so back and forth, it's giving me whiplash." I sniffled again. I stared at the floor.
"He won't talk to me. He's unreasonable, irrational and—"
"Still in love with you." My eyes darted to hers. I couldn't hold it in anymore. Scarlett waved down a makeup artist. She pushed my hair away from my face. "You're still in love with him, too. Or else you wouldn't be crying right now."
"He thinks I'm with T—" A makeup artist appeared, startling me. I mouthed 'Spider-Man' with my hand mimicking the shooting web. She laughed at my attempts to hold still for the makeup artist.
"Well, are you?" I waited for the makeup artist to finish and walk away from us. I shook my head slowly. "Talk to him." She was right. I should talk to him. We have been riding this roller coaster for five years.

"Cut! Great work, guys! Thank you!" Jon applauded us. Chris spun around to hug Downey. I took a few steps toward Chris. What am I doing? Run away. I turned around and bumped into Scarlett, conveniently standing right behind me stripping off her suit. A malicious smile stretching her lips. She wasn't going to let me run. I admitted defeat. She spun me around by my shoulders. Chris was still talking to Downey.
"What do you say, Evans? Mini wrap party at your place?" Downey asked him, patting his shoulder.
"No can do, Downey. I'm grabbing a redeye to LA. Minka is coming over tonight." He thrust his hips into the air. "I need to release some—" Downey's eyes met mine over Chris' shoulder.
"Watch it." He warned him, pointing at me behind him. Chris swung his body around.
"—tension..fuck." I nod my head slowly. If Tom was the closure Chris needed then that was the closure I sure as hell needed. I stormed off the set.