First Match

"I'll meet you after the game at the meet and greet, okay? I'll text you too in case you forget!" Yuri excitedly waved bye as she jogged off down the STAFF ONLY hallway.

You stared after her while biting your tongue on how you already forgot the directions she gave to get you back to the court. It wasn't that you were bad with directions; you just never attended these kinds of big sports events often and you seriously underestimated how huge the buildings were.

You retraced your steps where Yuri had led you and sighed in relief when you ventured into a more crowded hallway. Fans of all ages were mostly dressed in black and gold with the occasional rare white and gray jersey passing now and again. You didn't have a preference on a team, although Yuri did intern with the MSBY Black Jackals and they were the home team in the area.

So, with that in mind, you couldn't help but grin smugly to yourself when you picked up a Schweiden Adlers fan shirt from a small booth you found on the way to the main arena. Luckily your purse was big enough to stuff your old shirt into after you changed into your new one. There was a name on the back – Kagelama or something like that. You hadn't a clue that that was. He could've been the worse player on the team for all you knew but his shirt had been the only one left in your size.

"What does Schweiden Adlers even mean?" you mumbled to yourself, head down as you read your chest upside down. "Kinda sounds like a western car company..."

Distracted as you were with your gaze down, you missed the tall figure that rounded the corner ahead of you. Your head thumped into a hard chest and you went tumbling backward, instinctively flailing a hand forward to catch onto something to stop your fall.

A hand snatched your wrist just as you were attempting to balance on the balls of your feet. The stranger, thankful as you were for, pulled a little too roughly and you went flinging forward into their chest yet again.

Your nose hurt, and when you were sure you weren't going to lose balance again, you righted yourself and took a small step back.

"I'm so sorry," You worried, eyeing the stranger's white jacket and praying not to find any of your makeup smeared on the fabric you got close and personal with.

"It's fine. I wasn't paying attention either." He said in an unfazed tone.

You looked up and hoped your shocked expression wasn't too obvious because this man was hot as hell. Immediately you felt your face heat up took another step back to put some distance but stopped when you noticed that he still had your wrist in his grasp.

"Oh, sorry." He let you go and for some reason, your dumb self felt the need to touch the spot where his fingers hooked around your dainty wrist.

"Um, thanks for catching me." You smiled politely. Would it be weird if you asked him for his number? He looked around your age.

"Yeah," he nodded, and then you noticed his blue eyes trail down to your chest. You were about to blush and call him out for it when he suddenly spoke up. "You're a fan?"

"What...?"

"Your shirt." He motioned towards your newly purchased fan apparel. "The Schweiden Adlers."

You tugged at the bottom of your shirt and looked down at the letters plastered across your chest. "So that's how you pronounce the foreign words... But no, I'm not. I mean, maybe today I will be. Who knows? This is my first game and I thought I'd pick up a shirt to commemorate it or somethin' like that."

He seemed shocked before he smiled a little at your explanation. "Whose name do you've got on the back?"

"Kage something? Llama I think? Kagellama?" you mumbled and half turned to peek over your shoulder at the name there.

Unknowingly the guy's face grew red as you audibly tried to recall the player's name on your back.

"Tobio Kageyama..."

"Huh?" your eyes snapped back to him.

Blushing, the man looked pointedly at the wall. "That's the name you've got across you back."

You laughed and shrugged your shoulders. "Eh, close enough."

He flinched.

"But hey, thanks again for catching me. I gotta go find my seat before the game starts. Nice talking to you!" You jogged around him, glancing back to give one final wave when you noticed that he also had the name Kageyama written on the back on his jacket.

Hm, no wonder he seemed stunned that you didn't know which player's shirt you had. The guy must've been a big fan or something.