A Day In The Life

This story is for abbilovegood 's Beatles Awards
Prompt: If they lived
Time: August, 2010
Idea: A day in their lives, if they survived
Ships: (Though this is NOT a romance story in anyway. These are only the ones mentioned)
Jily
Ronks
Hinny
What I own: Practically nothing. All rights to J.K. Rowling. I do own the plot, and the characters that were born due to the Marauders being alive. (Euphemia Potter, Lyall Lupin (II), and Eliana Lupin) Those three were all born following their parents canon death.
Main Characters:
Remus Lupin
Sirius Black
James Potter
Peter Pettigrew
Supporting Characters:
Edward "Teddy" Lupin
Lyall Lupin
Eliana "Ellie" Lupin
Euphemia "Mia" Potter
James Sirius Potter
Albus Potter
Lily Luna Potter
Honourable mentions and brief appearances:
Nymphadora Lupin (still goes by Tonks)
Lily Potter
Harry Potter
Ginevra "Ginny" Potter

Remus Lupin considered the last twelve years of his life to be lucky. Despite what his younger self would've said, he managed to get married, despite his lycanthropy, and have three children. Edward, or Teddy for short, who was twelve. Lyall, who was eight, and Eliana, or Ellie, who was two. None of them exhibited any forms of lycanthropy, something he was forever grateful for. All three were metamorphmagi, however, and as much as he loved it, it did make keeping track of them fairly difficult. 

For example, he one time lost Teddy when the two of them went to Diagon Alley, and couldn't remember what he looked like that day. He ended up finding him at Sugarplum's Sweet Shop looking at the array of chocolates. 

When Teddy, followed by Lyall, were old enough, Remus and Tonks (who didn't care that she was married, she wasn't going by Nymphadora), had devised a colour-coding system for them. Each member of the family, bar Remus, had their own 'signature' look. Tonks's was Bubblegum Pink, Teddy's was Turquoise, Lyall's was Forest Green, and Ellie was still far too young to have her own. They always used it when they went out. If they needed to look 'natural' they used the hair colour they were born with — Tonks and Ellie's a mousy brown, Teddy's pitch black, and Lyall's dirty blond.

Remus picked Ellie up from her toddler bed, and held her like a baby, causing her to squeal. 

"I not a baby! I not a baby!" she cried, her hair flashing between the colours of the rainbow. She stopped when Remus placed her on his hip. 

"Let's go get your brothers," he said, and Ellie nodded.

"Let go get my boys!" Ellie agreed with a giggle. Her hair turned purple with excitement.

"Did you call me, Dad?" Teddy had heard part of the conversation, having just been passing his sister's room. That day, he had his hair pitch black and shoulder-length, and his eyes a stormy grey.

"I did," replied Remus, "Are you supposed to look like your Uncle Padfoot today?" Teddy twirled a strain of hair between his left index finger, and nodded. 

"Well," continued Remus, "You succeeded. Are you ready to go to the Potters?"

Teddy nodded, "Mum's not coming, right?"

"She's at work. Have you seen Lyall?"

"I'm here!" Lyall ran down the hall, sliding to a stop next to Teddy. He also had black hair, but his was shorter and spikier, and his eyes were hazel.

"Do none of my children want to look like me?" He joked. In his arms, Ellie's hair and eyes flickered to match Remus's, causing Remus to chuckle.