Little Duck (A Hunger Games Fanfic)

It was warm, spring day. It was a day of love, hatred, regret, grief, and most importantly, remembrance.

Katniss Everdeen was the one of those people who dreaded this day. She stood still, staring at the wall. The only time she ever got up was to go to the restroom.

Peeta Mellark, the current husband of her stood up and walked over.

"Katniss. You need to eat. I know it's the anniversary of the reaping, but Roselle's getting worried."

She only stared more.

"Just tell me when you're ready. Okay?"

More staring.

At the same moment, Roselle Mellark was prancing around the attic of her house. Singing a beautiful tune taught by her mother.

"Just close your sleepy eyes, and say good night. This is the place where I lo-"

Just as she was singing the last note she tripped.

"Ow!"

Roselle looked at what she tripped over. It was a beautiful box, embedded with pearls and covered with dust. She looked at it curiously.

"What's this doing here?"

She opened the box, only to find a wooden brush, some folded clothes, and a pin.

Roselle lifted the pin out of the box.

"Pretty bird."

She put it back.

The brush was lifted out of the box next. She brushed her blonde hair with it and returned it.

Now the clothes, it was a pretty white blouse and a pale blue denim skirt.

"Plain, but pretty. I like it"

She slipped on the clothes and ran downstairs.

Her pony tail bounced up and down as she skipped to her mother. She voiced a four note tune her mother always did when she visited the woods with her. She called in the call of the Mockingjay.

"Mom! Mom! Look what I found!"

Katniss looked her daughter's way and gasped lightly. Am I dreaming? Primrose? She thought.

"Mom? Are you okay now?"

The Mockingjay's eyes clouded as she looked at her daughter.

"Don't I look pretty? Like a princess!" Roselle pranced around happily and landed in front of her mother.

Tears came to Katniss's eyes as she opened her mouth to speak. She wrapped her arms around her and said, "Beautiful," She tucked in an untucked part of her shirt.

"But don't forget to tuck in that tail little duck."