8 Daggers

Daggers

Bumalik siya sa bahay na lutang. She felt like shit. Her head is throbbing inside like there's a hammer smashing it open. She immediately slid to the bathroom and took her clothes off. Agad siyang nag-shower. Brushing every part of her skin.

The memories returned one by one. What the hell was that? She calmed herself. It's perfectly normal. Nothing's wrong with her. Walang nawala sa kanya. But then she feel so weird. This is Kata's doing. After that incident at Isla Olvida, she knows something is off with her. She badly needs to talk to her and make some sense of all these.

It didn't feel right but it wasn't wrong either. She knows she wanted that deep inside.

"Where were you after that night? You just left without a word," Arny asked her suddenly.

Bigla siyang kinabahan nang maaalala na naman ang gabing 'yon sa Zone.

"Umuwi ako after. Hindi ba kita sinabihan?" She laughed a little hiding her white lie.

"I must've been a wrecked to even noticed," Arns replied and frowned as if remembering something.

"Yeah right, you were. You almost hopped onto Luis, Arns," she humorously said.

Arny's face turned red. "I did what?" she exlaimed.

"Joke lang," bawi niya habang natatawa sa mukha nitong nagpapanic.

Arns sighed in relief.

"So you didn't hook up with someone?" tanong nito.

"I was kidding. Of course, I was with someone and had a filthy night." She grinned and raised her brows giving her friend a knowing look.

"Good for you. Hangover lang sumalubong sa'kin after." Arns pouted with disappointment in her face.

Tumawa siya. "Alam mo naman, I'm parched as a fucking cadaver. A woman's gotta get some o baka maging desyerto pa 'to," she said while pointing her hands down between her legs.

"TMI, Carol, TMI," naiiling na sagot nito.

"Masanay ka na, Arns."

She rolled her eyes at humalakhak sa gulat na expression nito.

After class, dumirecho si Carol sa malapit na bookstore to buy some fillers and pens. Ubos na ubos na pati yellow pad at bond paper sa kakasulat niya ng mga notes at lab reports. She immediately bought everything she needs.

"Thanks," aniya sa cashier. She went out and decided to take some stroll dahil medyo maaga pa naman.

"Miss, punta ka dito sa bagong restaurant." A man, smiling too much approached her with flyers in his hands.

"Miss, buy one take one," dagdag nito, pinipilit pa ring kunin niya ang flyer na hawak nito.

She politely shook took one but he still didn't walk away from her.

"Miss, single ka? Pahingi ng number."

Umiling siya at mabilis na naglakad. Why can't he take a hint? Isang salita pa talaga ay tatadyakan niya na ito.

"Ayoko nga. Tigas ng ulo nito!" she yelled and everyone looked at them.

Bakit parang siya pa ang naging masama? Why can't guys just back off when a girl says no? May problema ba sa brain process ang mga 'to?

"Akala mo naman kung sinong maganda-hoy!" someone pushed past the him that he almost stumbled.

Nagulat siya nang makita si Vico. He glared at the man. Nakayukong umalis ang lalaki. Why do they only listen when other men told them off? Hindi niya namalayan ang paglagpas ni Vico. Hinabol niya ito. She contemplated whether to thank him or not.