The Beginning

In a time of kings, and queens and Magic, a good queen, also a descendant of Mother Nature lay on her bed with death just hovering over her. Her most trusted man kneeled by her side and took the hand that wasn't wrapped around the newborn baby princess, Beatrice.

"Take her... Protect her from Maximus. Seek out Yegor... No one must find her and... Use her for evil.... Promise Cedric!" She cried. She grew to be as pail as a ghost as the blood from labor continued to seep out killing her.

"Adelaide... I promise." A tear rolled down his cheek as a hint of a smile played across her face before Beatrice begin to cry. The queen is dead.

Cedric took Beatrice in his arms wrapping her around the blanket the queen was holding. With Beatrice still crying, he ran down the tower past the thrown room and past the front gate to the stables. She made it her wish that he had the best horse in the land.

'She will be Beatrice the great' her very last words echoed through his head. He had hope for her daughter and the future. He hopped on the horse and whispered the words only he knew to get the horse to run.

"Fly-Bunny-fly." With that he bucked out of the stables and onto the road to nowhere. A place that few people know about. As in werewolfs. Not the kind that walks on two legs and turns in the full moon. That's not how they are. They had been banished by Maximus before he had turned evil and left queen Adelaide. Even though they do kill for no reason, Yegor can watch over her from the woods. He's the only one they can trust.

Over big rocks and through thick woods where bloodthirsty creatures lurk and across harsh rivers... They made it to a cabin. The land was very big yes. A barn that held animals and wild flowers covering every crook and corner. This would be perfect for her. It was small but just enough for him to raise Beatrice. Hopefully he could do good with out a mother to teach her the ways of a lady. He would have to do with out one.

He climbed off the horse and made it to the front door holding Beatrice still crying. "You've got to eat something." He murmured. He opened the front door and saw that Mother Nature did have her way with the house. He set Beatrice down and took off his coat leaving him in trousers and a cotton cloth shirt. He went to the shed and found some tools and some better looking wood. He came back and Beatrice wasn't crying any more. She had the look of... Curiousness.

Smiling he finally got the chance to look at her eyes.. They were purple.. And beautiful. Just like her mothers. Sparkling, purple, and big. She's only a few days old now and giggling like she's having the time of her life.

It's nighttime now and Beatrice had gotten super super cranky. "Ok ok yes I know you're hungry... But where?...." The looked around the house for anything she could eat. He knows she needs milk. "...The cow." He took Beatrice in his arms from a table and speed walked outside to the darken barn. He opened the door with rats dispersing from the area. He set the baby princess back down into a messy hay bale trying to find an oil lantern. With a couple flickers and sparks there was light enough to see a cow worth milking and her calf. He came closer to the cow and she mooed with anxiousness to see a human after all these years. Only to see him and be living in the ruins of a barn and a couple hundred feet of land to graze on with her baby.

Normally the cow would have kicked and attacked if Cedric came close, but something about this baby meant something to the cow and she could understand a starving baby. The cow let Cedric bend close to her utters and hold Beatrice up. Beatrice stopped crying enough to drink. The calf came from the other side and gently licked Beatrice's face and made her giggle before her eyes closed to sleep the rest of the night. Never has he seen anything so beautiful in his life.

With so little company even without her mother... Beatrice could sleep easy. Cedric took her back to the cabin and made a bed on the floor with the only dry blankets he could find. With Beatrice laying belly down on his chest he whispered, "Be with Mother Nature Adelaide." Hoping she could be in peace knowing that Beatrice was far from danger..

Not so much. Maximus's shadow are searching and won't stop until they can find her. Even if it means destroying innocents and plowing through kingdoms just so he can find his daughter and keep her side by side with him in taking over the world.

I'm not very good at medieval times, so bare with me. Lol

*********************

The only way I'm going to continue updating is if I have inspiration. The only way I get inspiration is if I get comments and votes. My first vote was from jim_andrews. This guy voted on this chapter and wasn't even a follower then. Now that he did, Im confident to write more. It's not a lie. SO PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK??? I don't mean to sound like a b*tch, but you've got no idea how much it means to me.