Chapter 25: Murry Christmas

CS
~ All I Want For Christmas Is You ~
By: Mariah Carey

It's been a week since I attended the party and a week since I kissed Derek. I've been pondering over the events over and over again. Replaying and replaying. The way he gazed into my eyes was so...soft and comforting. His gentle touch sent shivers down my spine. His pink soft lips that grazed mine when we kissed. I thought all of it was a dream, I guess I was wrong. 

Today was December 24, Christmas Eve, and here I was, lying in bed getting lost in my own thoughts. Aaron was getting ready downstairs while my parents went out to buy more food for the Christmas party tonight. Everyone was invited to come, and by everyone I mean my Aunt Daisy, Uncle Rob, my twin cousins: Mason and Jason, my grandma and grandpa, and the Johns family. Yes, yes...Derek's coming over. I have no idea why but my mom was nice enough to invite them. Great. I haven't spoken to Derek that much after our kiss...things are about to get awkward.

I was drifting off into another trance until I heard a loud crash from downstairs and the smoke alarm going off. "OH FUCK!" A voice screamed. I jump up, swing my door open, and run down the stairs. Once I entered the kitchen, I see clouds of smoke floating around everywhere, blocking my vision. 

"W-What the hell is-?" I try to scream but get caught into a coughing fit. I reach for the large pot that was randomly placed on the counter. "Hold on! I got water!" I shout. With all my strength, I pull the heavy pot back and swing forward. I hear the water splat onto something. Fanning the air, I try to clear the smoke. Once most of it is gone, I look up only to see Aaron drenched in what I think is eggnog. My eyes widen at the sight and cast my gaze downward to the pot I was holding. "This was definitely not water." I say.

"Yeah. Thanks for stating the obvious, doofus. It's all your fault. You wasted most of the eggnog." Aaron retorts. He trudges his way toward the sink and starts washing away the eggnog. 

"You're calling me the doofus? What about you? You're the doofus who almost set this house on fire!" I retort back.

He shuts the faucet off and turns to me. "That, my friend, was a careless mistake." 

"If it was a careless mistake made by you," I pokes his chest with my finger,"Then I don't see why you should put all the blame on me." 

"Well it wasn't my fault that a certain someone didn't come down to help with the food." Aaron says stepping forward.

"You could've just asked for help if you needed it in the first place." I say raising my voice and stepping in front of his face.

"Oh, I indeed tried to call you down several times. You were lost in your little 'Alex Wonderland' or 'Dreamland of Dreams' or whatever. No matter how many times I called you, you would always stay shut in your room without a care in the world." He raises his hands and drops them down furiously. "I don't know what happened to you but your so out of it. Might as well be a lazy ass pig for all I care" 

I stare at him, mouth hanging open. "Who are you calling a pig?!? You little, bitch!"

"Last time I checked, you were the little bitch." Aaron says mocking my height.

"Oh no. You just crossed the line, ass-face!" I scream and jump on top of him whilst smacking his face. He tried to nag at me several time. Each grab was a failure but luck eventually found its way to him. Aaron grabbed me by the arms and tried to pry me off of him. Suddenly out of the blue, he slip on some eggnog on the floor and we both came tumbling down onto the floor. I managed to climb on top of him and strangle his throat. "Aaron! I'm gonna kill-"