Chapter 22

Kihyun POV 

I felt his lips touch mine and panic overcame me, I couldn't move or breath or think about anything except for Minhyuk, on the inside. 

But on the outside I was unbothered. 

So, I did the only thing I could think of doing, I screamed to Minhyuk, I shouted it's not true, although no sound left my lips I screamed mentally. The emotional guilt overtook me as I felt sick inside out, if I ever get out he will never trust me again. And then it hit me. 

I'm never getting out. So, I cried, I cried so hard the sobs shook my body, but the Kihyun Jooheon had created smiled softly at the pain I felt.

Just as I thought about giving up, no longer fighting against the pain. I saw him. 

Minhyuk was broadcasted on the screen ahead, I studied his features, watching as the last tear fell effortlessly from his face. Jooheon's Kihyun continued to answer Wonho's question, but I was clawing at him, scratching my nails down the mental wall that had been built up. 

The next words Minhyuk spoke sped up my escape, allowing a sliver of light to enter the dark cavern I had been trapped inside.

 'I love you too'. 

He had heard me, my screams of guilt and helplessness, he had heard them all.

Minhyuk POV 

"I love you too" I whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear as I felt the ever increasing silence grow from everyone around. 

Everyone saw it, the momentary guilt that flashed across Kihyun's expression. 

"I know it wasn't you, I don't blame you, just please....come back to me" a tear escaped the corner of his eye and I thanked God that it was working. "Keep fighting for me, for all of us, and remember I am coming to get you", "and if that bastard lays one more finger on you I will cut them all off". 

He broke, the Kihyun I knew burst into life as he scrambled desperately towards the screen, I too walked forward. "It's not true, nothing I said is true, he wants to kill everyone, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, THEY BRAINWASHED ME, THEY ARE ALL LIARS...." But before Kihyun could even finish his sentence the sound of a whip against skin echoed hauntingly around the courtyard, ending the broadcast. 

I drastically grabbed the monitor with both hands shaking it frantically, "KIHYUN, KIHYUN". Taehyung pulled me back as I struggled against him, all the while screaming "I'LL KILL HIM, WONHO IS DEAD TO ME, I WILL KILL THEM ALL".

When I calmed down I could hear Hyungwon shouting orders at the fae warriors, it was beginning, the war I hoped would never return. But now I knew that my Kihyun was alive, and nothing can stop me from getting him back.