Racism + B.L.M

السلام عليكم 💕

Today's topic will be about racism and everything that has been going on with the B.L.M movement.

I think everyone already knows what is going on so I don't feel the need to have to inform everyone of what is going on. If you do not know what is going on then I suggest you inform yourself about it before you read this chapter.

Racism has been a thing that has been around ever since we can all remember. And although the Civil War ended racism is still a thing and not just in America but globally.

Before I get into the religious talk about racism, as a human being in general you should not be discriminating against someone because of their skin color and if you do you are just a disgusting person.

In times like these we should all be standing up to help the black community get the justice that they deserve and this is not just about George Floyd it's about the ones before him and the ones that could possibly be after him.

Allah tells us in the Quran to fight for justice even if it is against our own selves.

Quran 4:135 " O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted."

Quran 16:90 "Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded."

Quran 5:42 "And if you judge, judge between them with justice. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly."

Quran 22:10 "... and because Allah is not ever unjust to [His] servants."

Quran 18:49 "And your Lord does injustice to no one."

There are soooo many other verses speaking about justice. The ones I stated are only a few.

Allah loves those who are just so we should stand for justice no matter what. It is our duty as Muslims to do so.

Now let's talk about those who think that they are more superior than someone else because of their skin color.

In Hijjatul Wida' , which was the farewell sermon that the Prophet pbuh gave before his death, the Prophet pbuh said, "O people, your Lord is one and your father Adam is one. There is no virtue of an Arab over a foreigner, nor a foreigner over an Arab, and neither white over black nor black over white, except by righteousness."

Source: al-Mu'jam al-Kabīr 7397
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

The very first racist was Iblees (devil) He believed that he was better than Adam because Adam was created from clay and he was created from fire.

Quran 7:12 "[Allah] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."

Quran 7:13 "[Allah] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased."

Because of his arragance and him thinking he was better than Adam, Iblees became cursed and expelled from paradise. If you are to be racist then you are following the steps of Satan. And Allah tells us to not follow his steps in the Quran.

Quran 24:21 "O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing."

As a Muslim, you cannot say that you love Allah, yet hate his creation.

In the Quran 95:4, Allah says, "We have certainly created man in the best of stature."

Allah has created everyone equally and beautifully whether you are black or white or male or female.

Quran 49:13 "O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted."

Allah has created us in the best way and he is the best of creators. We as human beings have no right to criticize other humans for the way that Allah made them and it is Allahs wisdom behind it.

So, everyone should stand up and do what you can to help give our black brothers and sisters the justice they deserve.

There are many ways you can do this, by simply signing a petition. Or if you have the money, you can donate. If there are any peaceful protests in your area then you should attend them if you can.

This is not a time to be silent. This is a time to use our voices and use our platforms and the rights that we have been given to help stand for justice.

Black Lives Matter.

السلام عليكم 💕