Chapter One - The Begining

I had finally gotten home from my summer vacation to Spain. It was a great trip, but I missed my best friends. Everyone had already gotten the feel of a regular middle school schedule while I, of course, was left behind in the dust. We finally arrived home and I had to make sure everything was in order for the next day.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm. I wasn't quite awake yet but I was excited to meet my teachers and classmates. I ran to the bathroom and started applying make-up. I straightened my hair and rushed to get dressed. I put on my new Aeropostale jeans paired with a sheer red tank top. I then put on my favorite pair of flip-flops and waltzed down the stairs.

"Morning Mom!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"Good morning sweetheart! Ready to start school?" she replied.

"Ready as I'll ever be. What do we have in the fridge for breakfast?" I asked.

"Not much. We have leftover cereal and I picked up milk on my way home from swim. That's pretty much it." she answered, looking exhausted from the previous night and practice for her triathlon.

"I can manage. I'm so excited to meet my teachers. Today is gonna be awesome!" I said with a smile. I had no idea what the day would bring, so I was just praying that I was prepared.

My bus arrived at 6:58 sharp, just like the letter I received said. I got on he bus and saw the looks of shock I was receiving.

"We thought you were dead!" one of my best friends, James, replied.

"I was on vacation, I told you that! Plus I posted like, five pics on Instagram and I Snapchatted you!" I replied wearily. Sometimes he was just delusional.

"Sorry!" he answered, throwing his hands up in surrender. James was just one of those guys. Anyone could become his friend but rarely anyone fell in love with him. And sadly for me, the girl who did, was the one and only me, myself and I.

James had a perfect white-toothed smile. His hair was a light brown. It was short, but he spiked it up in the front. He had chocolate brown eyes and oh, could they make a girl melt. Every time I imagined his face in Spain, I fell in love all over again. But who knew if the feelings were mutual. Because I most certainly didn't.

We soon arrived at the school. I walked off the bus and looked at the building. "Here goes nothing." I quitely mumbled as I walked through the Middle School doors.