Chapter 7 - The Date

"Lily, what am I supposed to wear!" I exclaimed.

"Well you obviously have to pick something," she replied in a "duh" tone of voice. We were busy picking out an outfit for my date with James. He was picking me up in 2 hours, which gave me enough time to choose an outfit, do my hair, make-up and make sure I have myself together. And then I looked at the clock.

"Lily... Look at the clock..." I trailed off in a worried tone of voice. We only had an hour left.

"I have an outfit idea!" she screeched. She grabbed my purple PINK pullover and black leggings, my Uggs, and my purple sling Vera Bradley bag.

"It's perfect!" I said excitedly, "Heat up the curling iron and get the make-up you need out."

"Okay, I'm on it! Go get changed already! Shoo shoo!" she exaggerated, pushing me towards my bedroom. I quickly changed out of my PJ's that I had been lounging around in all day and got the new outfit on.

I waltzed over to Lily where she was all set with the make-up. Before we started even picking out my clothes, I told her that I wanted a natural look, because if he can't accept me for who I am, then screw him!

"Alright, let's get started," I told Lily. 45 minutes and lots of make-up wipes and hair spray later, I looked like I had just stepped out of my dress after prom.

My blonde hair was curled into loose locks, hanging in my short bob cut. I had very minimal eye shadow on, and a little wing of black eyeliner showing off my sharp green eyes. I was wearing the outfit we had previously picked out and I looked stunning.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed gratefully to Lily.

"You look stunning. He's gonna be picking up his jaw when he's sees you honey!" she exclaimed matter-of-factly. If that's even a word....

We marched down the stairs together, linking arms, and when we we reached the kitchen, my dear mother and father were showing James my baby pictures. I had already told them that I was even more adorable now! I cleared my throat and gave my parents a sharp look. My response was silence, mouths hung open in "O" shapes, and the thud of the scrapbook hitting the floor.

My brother was the first to speak; "Wow, I didn't know my sister could ever look that good!" Cooper exclaimed. I smacked him on the head and received a sharp look from my parents, but their eyes immediately softened when they remembered I had a guest.

"You look so beautiful honey!" my mother said cheerfully.

"Gorgeous!" my father chimed in.

"Thank you," I said simply, but gratefully. James' jaw was still on the floor. "Hon, you're gonna end up having flies zoom into your mouth while you're not paying attention," I told him.

His cheeks flushed a violent red. "I'm sorry for staring but it's just that, you look so amazing. I can't believe I got so lucky," he practically whispered. I walked over to hime and linked my arm with his.

"Well, I do believe it's time to go, but I will see you all later," I stated as we walked out the door.

"Bye!" they all replied. We hopped in the car and drove to the Plaza where we would be spending our evening.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
The bell chimed as James and I walked hand and hand into Sweet Frog. I could smell all the fruity flavors and my mouth was watering from just thinking about the delicious treat.

"So, what's your favorite kind of froyo?" James asked me.

"I usually get vanilla or birthday cake or something like that so I can load up with the candy," I replied, "What about you?"

"I like chocolate or strawberry," he replied. 'Mmmmm chocolate.' I though to myself. My senses were in overdrive from the sweetness in the air. We stepped up to the self serve machines and started creating our delectables.

"Hi, place your yogurt on the scale," the upbeat cashier said. I say that sarcastically. "That'll be 5.82." he told us. James handed him the money and we sat down at a table.

"So, how long has it been since you read Mockingjay?" James asked me.

"Too long," I replied. "I read the whole series in 5th grade."

"Oh, Jenna's a reader," he said with his eyebrows raised. He was so goofy, yet so adorable. He had on a nice long sleeve, blue checkered shirt and regular khaki shorts. His brown hair was spiked up as always and his chocolate brown eyes were melting into mine.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I stated simply. We talked about ourselves, our likes, our dislikes, until we had to leave to make it to the movie on time.
~•~•~•~•~•~
"Two tickets for Mockingjay please," I requested to the lady at the window.

"Here you are!" she said cheerily, while handing us the tickets. We walked hand-in-hand into the theatre and found our seats. We sat down and watched the movie.

Mockingjay was action-packed, and I was so excited to see what underground District 13 looked like. The movie was amazing. The whole time I was snuggled up against James, and he had his arm around me. I was disappointed when the movie ended, because I was in a very comfortable position.
~•~•~•~•~•~
We arrived at my house and hopped out of the car. It was lightly raining so we ran to the safety of the garage. I opened the door and heard it's signature squeak, and both of us stepped inside.

Friends was on the TV, playing the theme song and everyone looked up with their eyebrows raised suggestively as I walked in.

"Guys!" I screeched and pointed at James. He was doubled over, clutching his stomach from laughter. I whacked him lightly on the arm and started giggling a little.

"I'll text you later?" James asked.

"Yeah, sounds good," I replied. I bit my lip and he pulled me in for a hug. I tightly squeezed him back. I inhaled his scent; a mix of Axe and Clorox Bleach. He smelled good. We let go of each other and I smiled brightly up at him.

"My brothers probably waiting. I'll talk to you before your game and practice," he said softly.

"Bye," I mumbled. He combed his fingers through his hair and walked out the door.

"How was it?" Lily screeched along with the rest of my family.

"It was really great," I replied with a smile, "I'm really tired, I'm going to change into my PJ's and watch Criminal Minds."

"Sounds good," my mother said.

"Is it ok if I sleep over tonight?" Lily requested.

"Yeah, as long as you're up for another amazing episode of Criminal Minds!" I said excitedly. We walked upstairs and got into our PJ's. Tonight was a great night.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, totally lost track of the day because of the long weekend, but I hope you liked it! Let me know if there's anything you want me to include in the comments! Thanks for reading guys!