(NINE) ARE YOU SCARED YET?

Nine- Are You Scared Yet?

     Lily got out of the shower, put one of her favourite bands on while she cleaned up from breakfast and dinner. She placed the dishes and plates in the dishwasher, put the laundry in to wash and started cleaning everything. That was Lily. Once she'd started cleaning, she couldn't stop.

Her mother had called. "Bev said she saw you on the park today. How are you doing?"

"I'm alright. I haven't heard anything about Ruby yet though..."

"How about you come over this Sunday? I'll cook us a nice dinner and have a catch-up. You need to get out of the flat and take your mind off things."

"Yeah, that'd be nice. I'll have to call you back later, I keep getting messages I'll have to check them."

After she had got off the phone with her mother, she looked at all the messages she'd got while she was cleaning. 

Sasha. "Matt said he drove past you earlier. Said some guy was staring at you as you left the park. Looks like you have an admirer. Matt had been down there playing football with his nephew." 

Lily laughed it off. "Well, good for him. I hope he got a picture, they last longer."

One message from the guy on the dating app. "Did you and your dog enjoy your walk today?"

She had to read it twice. How did he know?

They guy Matt saw staring at me? 

"How do you know I went out with the dog?" She replied.

He saw the message instantly, but there was a pause before he sent his reply. "I saw you. You look good."

"So you were on the park?" She asked.

"No. In the woods. You were jogging along the main road where the corn fields are."

"So you followed me?"

"No." Was all he said.

"My friend saw you staring at me on the park, but you're saying you saw me near the woods?"

No reply.

"Don't contact me again, you freak." She got up and locked her front door. Her heart was racing.

What if he followed me all the way? He'd know where I live. I should report this to the police...

She looked closer at the picture. She couldn't remember seeing anyone who looked like that on the park, but then again, she wasn't really paying attention.

She took a taxi to Sasha and Matt's house. Anything to make sure that guy couldn't find her.

     She's not replying. How many times dos she want me to say sorry before she replies? I have to go. I have to find her.

     "So there's a guy on a dating site. We have an e-mail address for him, most likely a fake one, but it's a start. And Gary is working on getting the IP address." David told Diane. " As soon as we have it we're sending armed officers to his door. If he's responsible for Ruby's death he could be very dangerous or even have weapons."