eight

third person's pov

the five girls were walking side by side with yeji still not leaving lia on her left side because she really felt guilty on not being there with her earlier. ryujin on the other hand is on the right side of lia who is still worried sick about lia's condition.

choi jisu was feeling better lately and the pace of her breaths were now just at the right flow. but something is still making her feel uneasy and troubled, she could definetely feel someone's pair of eyes following her and staring at her. she was certain that it's shin ryujin.

"are you sure you're feeling better now?" chaeryoung spoke sounding really anxious. the brunette-haired girl walked up close to lia, tapping her back gently and slowly.

"i'm getting hungry," yuna grumbled as she twisted both of her wrists together while stretching them out in the air before groaning. "shouldn't we take a short stop and eat first? and let lia regain some energy by eating too."

they all looked at each other waiting for someone to respond and agree when ryujin suddenly spoke out raising her hand as she looked at lia, "nice suggestion. i'm pretty sure everyone of us are feeling hungry by now."

"yeah, me too." yeji said while rubbing her tummy in circles.

"great!" yuna exclaimed, her face beaming with happiness and joy. "since ryujin's the first one to agree, she's going to pay for the snacks." ryujin's eyes went big as soon as yuna mentioned her name out of the blue.

"what? you didn't even ask me for----"

"yep, she totally agrees." yuna spoke proudly as she crossed both of her arms while smiling widely. ryujin flew her hand up high, hitting yuna's shoulder. the two girls started bickering at each other looking like spoiled and noisy kids who are arguing.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"yay! ugh, finally." yuna gushed with her big eyes not leaving the food she's holding. "thanks for the food, jinnie." the girl said as she hit ryujin's left shoulder gently before taking a huge bite on the burger.

"whatever," ryujin muttered softly making sure that no one else heard her--- and she was wrong. lia heard ryujin muttering words who sat next to her but she didn't took a glance or look at her since she didn't want to make her feel embarrassed and too obvious.

"should we take a stroll now, or wait for the others to finish their burgers?" chaeryoung asked as she quickly took a strong grip on the paper wrap and swished it off to the trashcan.

"yeah, i was even planning to check over 'penshoppe'," yuna added with her cheeks stuffed with chunks of burger. "but i guess, lia is feeling a bit tired and maybe we'd pass on it."

lia stared at yuna in complete confusion trying to comprehend what she meant with her feeling tired. she slowly wrapped her burger in plastic before speaking out, "no, don't worry. i'm feeling better now. we shouldn't waste our time sitting and standing on corners. let's go and take a stroll." with that, everyone's eyes landed on her and they were all surprised on lia's response.

"but, maybe you'd feel bad and dizzy all of a sudden again," yeji commented as she held lia's wrist gently, her eyes glowing with solicitude. yeji knew lia's background between lying and telling the truth, and she obviously felt how lia immediately agreed on yuna's suggestion with no hesitations at all which made her feel anxious about her.

"don't worry, yeji," lia added as she smiled at yeji with hope. "i'm feeling even more well now." she landed her palm above yeji's shoulder letting her friend understand that she'll be okay.

"yeah, don't you worry yeji!" yuna exclaimed as she smiled brightly at her. "lia will be perfectly fine as long as we won't leave her side, right, ryujin?" the tall brown-haired girl glanced over at the girl standing beside her who is staring intensely towards lia, with her lips purred together.