Weak (Chapter 5)

Tw/An I will no longer be putting a TW for abuse, transphobia, or homophobia because they are implied for just a bit more of the story. Also we are almost through the worst of the chapters as far as I have planned. Also also, big thanks to meowz_XD_ for being one of the reasons I've even got this far in my writing.

It started with him just getting more tired. Then his control over his quirk dropped. Now he disappears right after school and ignores us all. Today I stop him before he can rush off.

"What's going on Kaminari? You've been ignoring all of us for the past week!" No answer. "Kami, please. Is it your parents? You know you can tell me."

He crossed his arms and started looking around anxiously. If he wasn't going to tell me, I'd make him. "Are you stupid?"

"What?" Immediately he slipped into my control.

"Why are you ignoring us?"

"I was told to."

"By your parents?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"They want me all to themselves. They don't want to risk people telling others about my situation."

"What's been going on with your quirk lately?"

"It's weaker."

"Why?"

"Electricity burns."

"Show me your neck."

He lifted his head to show me his neck. His neck was covered in burns from the collar shocking him. I stopped using my quirk and he gained control again.

"What the hell Shinsou!" That was followed by a yelp, a shock burning his neck again.

"Kami, what are they doing to you?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Whatever. Come on." I pulled his arm. "We're going to Recovery Girl."

"What? Why? I'm fine, really!"

"Stop it!" I stopped walking and turned to him, holding him in place. "I care about you, okay? I don't want to see you hurt! Much less dead!"

"I'm sorry." I could see he was about to cry. At the time I really didn't have any ideas what I was doing or why, but I kissed him. And after I did, I kept dragging him to Recovery Girl.

Denki's POV

"I'm sorry." I was on the verge of tears. I never meant to hurt Shinsou, and it never would've happened if I hadn't tried to be friends with him. Shinsou ended all thoughts when he kissed me. After that he took me to Recovery Girl, both of us silent as ever.

"What seems to be the problem, boys?" She was getting ready to go home for the day.

"Kaminari was burned during training today, he just needs to be healed before we go."

"Where?"

"Show her, Kami." I lifted my head to show Recovery Girl the burns.

"What exactly did this to him?" Recovery Girl gives Shinsou the side eye. "The hero course students don't have quirks that could do this."

"W-"

Shinsou was about to speak but I cut him off, "It was my own quirk. I was being reckless and I accidentally burned myself."