Dating (Chapter 3)

-10 am the next morning-

The headaches kicked in as the rest of the group woke up (Kaminari and Uraraka were already awake). It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. That is, the headache, anyway. When I saw Shinsou I avoided him entirely. As much as I know he cares about me, I can't talk to him yet. I need time to think.

Shinsou's POV

I lost track of Kaminari. When I asked Bakugou he said Kami just left a few minutes ago. Which means he went to his parents' house, we still haven't gotten the okay to go to the dorms. I raced outside to see if I could find Kami. Luckily I spotted him walking towards the house.

"Kami!"

Kaminari looked up briefly before looking back down, "Do you need something Shinsou?"

"Are you okay?"

"What? Of course I'm okay. We go back to the dorms tonight so I don't have to deal with anyone."

Deal with anyone? Kaminari wouldn't even look at me. I couldn't tell what was going in his mind. I wasn't about use my quirk without a reason, though. I trust Kaminari and I want him to know that.

"Kami, are you sure you don't wanna talk?"

"Kami? Why do you call me that?" He finally looked up, just barely. I honestly hadn't noticed I'd called him Kami.

"Oh, sorry."

"No, it's okay. I like it." I smiled a bit and went to hug Kaminari. He didn't hug me back, but he let me hug him.

"Can we not talk about last night?" He asked quietly. This was so out of character for him.

"Okay... If that's what you want." We walked back to Momo's together silently, leaving us both to our thoughts.

Should I do something? Should I ask Kami? What do you do in this situation? Slowly my thoughts shifted to something else... Kami looks adorable when he smiles. I shook my head softly and Kaminari noticed, but he didn't say anything. I was thinking of how cute this boy was when there's more important things at hand, and yet I couldn't think of anything else.

I shook my head again and by now we were also at Momo's house. Kaminari stopped walking and so I stopped and turned to him, "Kami?"

"What were you thinking about?" His eyes were glued to the ground.

"N- nothing much.." I blushed slightly at the thoughts coming back to me in a rush.

"Just tell me, it won't hurt my feelings."

"It's nothing like that, Kami."

"Then why won't you tell me?" I took a deep breath.

"I was thinking about your smile." He seemed surprised and looked at me for the first time today.

"My smile? Why?"

"I just think it's.. cute... when you smile." He blushed and nodded. We went inside and went our separate ways, joining the others to pack up our stuff and help clean up.

While everyone was leaving, I noticed Kaminari was still in the bathroom. I had taken note of who left and who hadn't. Momo was still at the door, saying goodbye. I knocked on the bathroom door. "Kami, it's Shinsou."

"Come in." I open the door and go in, closing it behind me when I see the state Kami's in. His binder was on the floor and he was wearing the same clothes as this morning. He looked so upset it hurt my heart. "Shinsou..."

"Kami..." I sat on the floor next to him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I need you to take this and put it in my dorm room when you get back." He handed me his binder.