Under Pressure

-Hello! This one is a bit on the long side, but not nearly as long as 'you-know-what,' ha! There is one more issue Hiccup must deal with, and that issue is something that has been building up for a long time—aside from the Queen, of course. Here's a tip: If it looks like it's gone, look carefully...

I will say nothing more!

-NFD

~~~

"Oh, come on! You loved it!"

I tried to keep a straight face as Instinct yelled at me to agree with her. I had been 'tortured' for two hours. Every time I started to come out of it, Stormfly would start it all over again. Star and Astra ended up leaving partway through it all, leaving me to perpetually be stunned.

It was amazing you dumb lizard!

"My head is sore," I complained, "I don't know how you manage to do it, but you do it too well."

"It's because I'm your fantastic, amazing, and beautiful mate!" Stormfly purred.

"Okay, you might have a point," I conceded, "but my head is still sore..." She snorted.

"I still don't want to be alpha," I muttered suddenly after some silence, "leadership isn't my strongest trait."

She rolled her eyes, "it doesn't have to be your strongest trait. You want to help people, and that's what an alpha does."

"Isn't that what you said about being a father?" I mused.

She blinked, "eh, same-same. If you really think about it, the nest might as well be a bunch of hatchlings you have to take care of."

I laughed, "I'm sure they would disagree, not to mention, that would be too weird to think about."

"What would be too weird?" Astra poked her head in with a big grin.

I didn't answer her, instead, I stared at her in suspicion, "...what did you do?"

Her grin grew, "oh, nothing bad... Just gathered a few people to see the... alpha..."

Stormfly started to snicker as I groaned, "you didn't just go and tell the entire nest, did you?"

"No, of course not," she replied, then giggled when I sighed in relief, "I only told the ones that didn't know." My eyes widened.

"So, most of them?" Stormfly guessed. Astra gave an affirmative.

"Let me guess..." I muttered with a glare, "they're outside?"

"Yup! So-"

"Then it's settled!" I smiled then deadpanned, "I'm staying inside forever." She stared as I dropped my head and closed my eyes, "so, you have fun with that, I'll be sleeping in here!"

There was a jab on my side, followed by Stormfly's purr, "no you won't. My egg room. Out."

I peeked an eye open, "no way."

"Don't make me tell Sentry to force you," She smirked. I felt him perk up.

Don't you dare...

"You wouldn't," I stared with my one eye wide, "you love me too much to force me out!"

She giggled, "yes, I love you, but it's because I love you that I'm making you face your problems. Hey Sen-"

"NO! No no no! I'll go!"

"Good," she said smugly.

"Also," Astra began, purring, "you might want to stick with the name 'Auroon' for the nest, that is who they know you as."