chapter iv

O

1. Try seafood.

"C'mon, love. It was the first thing on the list, for god sakes." Harry groaned, slumping in the plush seat of the booth across from me at the cute little sushi restaurant that he found, and we ordered the California roll, because Harry claimed it was the best, and I was trusting his judgement.

"I don't know," I wrinkled my nose. "It smells kind of gross." He simply laughed at my words, using the chopsticks that the waiter provided us with to pick up the raw fish and rice, and held it up to my mouth.

"Just try it," His rosy lips turned upwards into a grin. I hesitantly opened my mouth, and he placed the food between my teeth. "Chew, and swallow." Harry clearly didn't fool around when it came to his sushi.

The sushi wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected, although Harry made me laugh mid-chew, and the California roll almost sprayed everywhere.

"Hey, careful. Don't want you choking to death." He smirked, reaching across the table to pinch my cheek playfully.

We hurried out of the little restaurant after paying the bill and walked around the corner to where Harry had parked his car.

The black Audi practically sparkled in the sun, and I allowed my thoughts to wander, wondering where the curly-headed boy got the money to afford such an expensive car.

"Um, hello?" His hand waved in front of my face, and I felt my cheeks burning. "Sorry, what did you say?" My thoughts had always tended to wander, and soon I would find myself caught up in thinking.

"I said," He sighed dramatically, placing a hand on his hip, just like Louis would normally do. "Do you want to go back to my place?" His sassy attitude was failing miserably as a large, cheesy smile spread across his frost-bitten cheeks.

"Your place is fine. Oh, and your impersonation of Lou is shit, by the way." He placed a large hand over his heart, pretending to be offended by my words.

"Well, let's see you do any better." That certainly shut me up, and I climbed into the sleek, black sports car, and Harry, being the gentleman that he is, closed the door for me, and hurried around to the other side.

__________

"No, that's not fair!" I whined, crossing my arms over my chest. "You cheated." Harry had beaten me at yet another round of Monopoly.

"I guess I'm just better than you." He said cockily, and I lunged at the boy, pinning his muscular body to the plush carpeting.

"Take that back!" My eyes narrowed into slits as I squished his face between my small hands.

Within less than a second, Harry had me pinned to the ground and was tickling my sides.

"Stop!" I shrieked, trying to push his lanky body off of me. "Admit that I'm the monopoly champion!" He shouted between fits of laughter.

"You, Harry Styles, are the Monopoly champion!" He released me, and we sat, side by side, staring up at the ceiling.

"Do you ever wonder-" I cut him off with a smile. "Yes. All the time." He rolled his beautiful green irises at me, and for some reason I felt all tingly and happy; which was certainly not common for me.

My life wasn't what I'd call miserable, but until I met Harry on that ever-so-dreaded night with Jenna and Zayn at the club, my life had seemed to take a turn for the better.

Never would I have expected the tall, clumsy boy to be so invested in me. Most of the time I was overlooked.

Not that it bothered me one bit.