MYTHICAL MYSTERY

First Person

Episode: Battlefield
Chapter 30

Episode: BattlefieldChapter 30

Brightness.

That's the first thing I see when I open my eyes.

I give my eyes a few seconds to adjust and when they do I'm surprised at who I see.

"How are you feeling?" Derek asks me standing up.

"I'm fine. Just thirsty." I say.

He pours me a glass of water and I sit up.

"What happened?" I ask.

"What's the last thing you remember?" He asks.

"Stiles and I were trying to get to you guys. We heard all the yelling and fighting. I remember we fell and then I blacked out." I tell him.

"Yeah. That's sounds about right. When we found you, you were barely breathing." He says.

My eyes widen. I almost died.

"Is Stiles okay? And Scott?" I ask.

He nods. "Their fine."

"How long have I been here? How long have I been out?" I ask.

"About 12 hours." He says.

"12 hours? 12 hours? I was shot and was only out 12 hours. How is that possible?" I ask him bewildered.

"Because I bit you." He says.

"What?" I ask him.

"I gave you the bite. You would have died without it. I did what I had to do. It saved your life." He tells me seriously.

"Oh my god." I mutter.

My life is officially over now. This is seriously the worst year ever.

"So I'm a werewolf." I say.

"No." He tells me.

"No. What do you mean no? You bit me. I have to be a werewolf now." I say.

"I thought you would be too. Your something else though." He tells me.

"Great so I'm another one of Beacon Hills mythical mysteries." I say sarcastically referring to Lydia.

"I have a feeling I know what you are." He says.

"Well are you gonna tell me?" I ask.

"After I bit you when we were on our way to the hospital you were in and out of consciousness. When I looked at you, your eyes looked like they were green maybe or like a teal colour." He tells me.

I nod. "Okay. So what is that? I'm not an expert on supernatural creatures."

He sighs. "You're a Siren."