21: Physical

There were countless numbers of friend groups surrounding the courtyard. Everyone was bundled up in winter coats and colored scarves, each individual clothing item the color of a student's house. Today was the day Hogwarts went on break. Soon students would be boarding the train to ride back home for a much-needed winter getaway. Most kids would be running to the express and eager to see their families back home, but Skye was nearly the complete opposite. The only thing she was looking forward to was the Malfoy Christmas party, and even then she was cast as a fish out of water.

The snow was falling in cloudy tendrils around their faces. Multiple flakes caught in Skye's wavy blonde hair, creating a curtain of everlasting winter. Even though she didn't necessarily want to go back home, Skye still hugged her classmates goodbye and wished them a happy winter break before parting and giving her farewells to others.

Viktor appeared through the heavy crowd of students. He was wearing his usual animal fur coat and hat. His smile was cute and charming as he advanced toward her and held her thin-gloved hands in his.

"It was a pleasure getting to know you, Miss Skye. I will cherish our moments together, even if they were short-lived." Skye smiled warmingly at him. He leaned in and kissed her cheek as a thankful sign of gratitude.

"I'll miss you," She admitted. She would. Viktor was such a gentleman and he made her feel very special. Viktor smiled.

"Likewise, farewell Miss Skye. I shall write to you daily." Skye nodded and soon Viktor had disappeared in the crowd of people. Everyone was making their way to the station now, the train would be leaving in a couple of minutes and she would have to make her way there herself.

"Skye," At the sound of her name she jumped, turning to see Goyle approaching her. As bothered as she was by his presence she forced a smile on her face and tried to calm her nerves.

"Goyle," She said with a bittersweet tingle on her tongue. "Have a wonderful Christmas break." He nodded at her but seemed to ignore what she had said.

"I'd really like it if you'd sit by me on the train ride home. We should get to know each other better for the Malfoy's Christmas party coming up." Skye simply blinked at him as she tried to process everything he was saying.

"Um," Skye tried to distance herself from Goyle but he followed her. "Why don't we walk to the train together and talk then, I'm already planning on sitting with Cedric and Penny." A frown covered his face but he quickly masked it with a fake smile.

"Sure," Skye began to walk and Goyle didn't waste any time getting as close to her as possible.

"So, you're going to the Malfoy Christmas party?" Skye really hoped he'd say no, but she knew all too well that Draco's father, Lucius, was best friends with Goyle's father, as well as Crabbe's.

"I am, and so are you, considering how close your family is with the Malfoys." Skye nodded and tried to quicken her pace so she didn't have to talk to Goyle any longer than she had to. This was odd. He wasn't prowling on her like he usually did. Well, as much as he usually did.

"I probably won't stay long. I leave early every year." Her heartbeat pounded against the cages of her chest and the train was finally coming into view. Soon she would be free of this awkward conversation.

"You should stay. It really isn't all that downgrading if you fit with the right people." Skye quickly made her way to the Hufflepuff train car and smiled tightly at Goyle.

"Thank you for the advice, Goyle. Have a good break." She hurried up the short staircase and moved swiftly toward the front of the car. A breath of relief escaped her when she plopped down next to Penny in her seat.